Rear D44 mishap...

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
You better get it together before I load up MY awesomer welder and come down and weld it for you.

Well then if the above is true I would advise Frank NOT to get it together and have Ridge come down and weld it.......that way you can have a few drinks.....watch him weld your shit.....and get verbally harassed all at the same time :thumb:.....Maybe invite Adam over to supervise

Now what can possibly be better than that? :cheesy:

~Woodrow~

Last edited:
Well then if the above is true I would advise Frank NOT to get it together and have Ridge come down and weld it.......that way you can have a few drinks.....watch him weld your shit.....and get verbally harassed all at the same time :thumb:.....Maybe invite Adam over to supervise

Now what can possibly be better than that? :cheesy:

~Woodrow~

Trust me, I'm the last person he wants welding for him. The welder might be better but the operator not so much, lol.
And what makes you think I'm verbally abusive anyway?

Last edited:

SDG

Caught the Bug
I never said that either. Don't get mad. You're more then welcome to try it and I will say 'I told you so. ' :asshat:

Frank, your equipment just isnt big enough for the job lol....

Insert thats what she said joke...

If I was going to weld that I would want a Miller 212 or lincoln equivalent, and a torch to heat the pumpkin and tube up before welding. That much steel is going to suck so much heat out of the weld that I think little welders are going to run into duty cycle issues.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Frank, your equipment just isnt big enough for the job lol....

Insert thats what she said joke...

If I was going to weld that I would want a Miller 212 or lincoln equivalent, and a torch to heat the pumpkin and tube up before welding. That much steel is going to suck so much heat out of the weld that I think little welders are going to run into duty cycle issues.

Thank you, that makes sense. I am a VERY green welder.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Im actually gonna call dealer and see what they say. I'm gonna take it down to them in the back of my truck and see if they will give me a new one. Worth a try

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

If your running oversized tires from factory it's not going to happen.

They warrantied my
Motor but not the axles..

bmwegr

I'll picture mine tomorrow. The trouble here is that even though there is a weld present they are poor quality with perhaps poor penetration or material properties.

Anyone have a pic of what these welds should look like? Mine seem ok but would like to document it now if they are not.

Front Driver
View attachment 92271

Front Passenger
View attachment 92274

Rear Passenger
View attachment 92272

Rear Driver
View attachment 92273

Sent from my XT897 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Manvan

Not a welder but just asking, since the tubes are steel and the pumpkin is cast, don't you have to use ni-cast welding rod to fuse them together?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

2013CGJKU

Not a welder but just asking, since the tubes are steel and the pumpkin is cast, don't you have to use ni-cast welding rod to fuse them together?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's for welding cast iron. Correct. But I don't know what kind of penetration you would get on the tubes.

That being said, It's not really an issue with materials so much as it is a cooling at different rates issue.

I wouldn't stick weld on this small of materials either. It could be done, but I wouldn't do it.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

StrizzyChris

They won't know I'm only taking the axle.

OR you could ask around for people near you to let you barrow a set of stock wheels and tires. Otherwise the dealership could flag you for removing the axle yourself. I dont know, but they will do ANYTHING they can to not perform warranty work.

OR you could ask around for people near you to let you barrow a set of stock wheels and tires. Otherwise the dealership could flag you for removing the axle yourself. I dont know, but they will do ANYTHING they can to not perform warranty work.

Well there is no way I can do that because it's got a new prorock 60 under it now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom