Rear Driveshaft vibes

Jeepfan30

Did it fit and correct the vibration?

Sent you a PM, but in short it did fit but didn't solve the problem. I pulled the rear shaft today and drove to work, vibration is still there, pulled front shaft too. Might just be tires need balancing. I can send the yoke back. Thanks

JKbrick

Sent you a PM, but in short it did fit but didn't solve the problem. I pulled the rear shaft today and drove to work, vibration is still there, pulled front shaft too. Might just be tires need balancing. I can send the yoke back. Thanks

If you want to that's fine or save it for the next guy that needs one, it's up to you. Sorry it didn't fix the vibration

desertrunner

As Eddie mentioned, my vibration was ultimately caused by excessive runout at the pinion yoke. Up to that point I installed different drive shafts, rebalanced the drive shafts multiple times, changed pinion angles multiple times but, the vibration never changed.

I actually figured out what it was by accident. I recently had the rear wheels off the ground so I could check for a bent axle flange. With the wheels off the ground and the engine running, I put the Jeep in drive to spin the wheels. First, I noticed my right rear axle flange was definitely bent. Then, I happened to notice that as the drive shaft was spinning, I could actually see it moving up and down slightly at the pinion flange. Suspecting this can't be right, I had a shop check the run out with a dial indicator to verify what I was seeing. Turned out the run out measured over 40 thousandths of an inch. The spec is 0!

Had a new yoke installed and voila, no more vibration.

I hope you get it solved soon. I put up with it far too long!

dang im glad i found this, i have been trying to track down a vibe in the rear for the last few days and have been checking everything i can think of. Finally got to the pinion yoke and found .04" of runout on it so....... im thinking thats it!

TakHardRock

I have the same problem at about 45 mph to 60 mph, but gone after 60 mph. It's doing this after gears upgraded from 3.73 to 4.88. Front DS is Adams 1310 and rear is still stock.

dytrdr5

I was getting a weird vibration at around the same speed and it’s because my new wheels aren’t hubcentric, Check that yours are. If not you have two options, get hubcentric rings to match or make sure you fully tighten the lug nuts while the tire is in the air. Worth a shot

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

I was getting a weird vibration at around the same speed and it’s because my new wheels aren’t hubcentric, Check that yours are. If not you have two options, get hubcentric rings to match or make sure you fully tighten the lug nuts while the tire is in the air. Worth a shot

I have actually heard that same comment a few times now, I am about to order some 37s and put in some new lug nuts so I may give the hubsentric rings a try and see if it changes anything

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TakHardRock

My wheel's hub bore is 73mm not much of a difference from stock, but hub centric rings are not that expensive so I'll give it a try. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thread resurrection! Any of you guys ever solve your vibration issues? I am still playing with mine.

Find a local shop that builds drive shafts. They’ll balance it correctly for you. I would also bring measurements from the mounting plate to the yoke and have them verify the shafts are right length so no damage occurs to the tcase and or diffs.

I have aftermarket front and rear shafts. Obviously, I had to change the t case yoke and pinion yoke in the rear. I followed the instructions on the Adams website exactly step by step and have zero play in any yoke. Their site is a great resource.

Top Bottom