Rear e-locker won't disengage.

WillMooseJaw

good news glad to hear it. I'm going to have to go back and check to see what the millage rec. for maintenance was, I'm at 34,000.

I was at 32,000 and after pulling the diff found out that I was way overdue for a fluid change... Pretty much completely black. No wonder the locker couldn't work! But brake cleaner took it all right off and I'm all shiny again.

jkjurny

This happened to me while wheeling just today. It was maybe the 4th time I engaged the locker. I went for 4-Lo to 4-Hi without disengaging my rear locker nor my sway bar. Sway bar reconnected but the rear locker stayed on, even in 4-Hi.

It took me going back into 4-Lo, then engage front and rear lockers. From there, I hit the disable and both turned off. Not sure if that is some magical reboot, but I'm glad it worked.

Should I bring it to the dealership? Only have 5,500 miles. I know I have less than 100 yards with lockers engaged.

lorne

2014 wrangle unlimeted rubicon elocker not disengaging

Worked like a charm! Thanks for the help! Probably going to do a diff service tomorrow and see how that helps. :thumb:

On the subject of Elockers not disengaging has anyone not been able to get the locker to disengage by pulling cover and sliding the ring back to the right?

my 2014 JK U rubicon is stuck in the engaged position and will not disengage? I have also unplugged the wires and replugged in. tried all the drive trick mentioned on various sites etc.. it does not disengage>

Anyone have any updates/ thoughts on what is going on

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
On the subject of Elockers not disengaging has anyone not been able to get the locker to disengage by pulling cover and sliding the ring back to the right?

my 2014 JK U rubicon is stuck in the engaged position and will not disengage? I have also unplugged the wires and replugged in. tried all the drive trick mentioned on various sites etc.. it does not disengage>

Welcome....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JKbrick

Floor it in neutral then drop it in reverse, that should do something. Oh and post the video of course

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked

Before my ARBs, I had them stick and take a while to disengage but never become fully stuck engaged. For me, opening it up and cleaning it well and putting new diff oil in would make it function a lot smoother and faster. You might try that prior to more drastic measures like putting it in neutral and flooring it, Brick [emoji23]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

lorne

Before my ARBs, I had them stick and take a while to disengage but never become fully stuck engaged. For me, opening it up and cleaning it well and putting new diff oil in would make it function a lot smoother and faster. You might try that prior to more drastic measures like putting it in neutral and flooring it, Brick [emoji23]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I have spent a little time understanding the lockers mechanics better. it was the "gear Numbs" for lack of the real part name that are sticking. so yes good clean new gear oil and additive. We will see how it goes tomorrow on a drive. Thanks for the info.

JKbrick

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

You forgot drop it in reverse and video

MericaMade

You might be on borrowed time on the factory e-locker. :idontknow: They do not hold up forever with 37s and bigger.

I have never heard of this, good info to know. Could you explain a little as to why? Also, are the air lockers stronger and/or more reliable?

wjtstudios

Hooked
I have never heard of this, good info to know. Could you explain a little as to why? Also, are the air lockers stronger and/or more reliable?

From my understanding, the ARBs are. But they do have their own set of issues. My favorite part of the ARBs is how fast they engage and I can do it at any point in time, 4 hi or 4 low.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute

Hooked
Floor it in neutral then drop it in reverse, that should do something. Oh and post the video of course

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’m trying to get you a burn out video from someone, anyone, it doesn’t matter who

You forgot drop it in reverse and video

As with everything in life, it's good to get a second opinion...

Top Bottom