Rear Sway Bar Welds "Broke"... Powertrain Warrant?

fatboy1271

My JK is a 2008 with 35K miles on it. I've, unfortunately, only gone off-road about 4 times and the last time was 4 years ago. Today from a stop I turned a corner and heard a dragging noise. When it continued to follow me I pulled over. What I found is in the attached picture :doh: Is this covered under the lifetime powertrain warranty?

Sway Bar.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
That's your track bar mount. Just buy a weld on one since yours is fubar. This is caused by a poor design of the track bar bracket, must companies use u bolt brackets to help eliminate this.

olram30

And no, it probably won't be covered. I wouldn't even try. It's the bracket that caused the failure.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks for the correction! I've been referred to a guy that said he can clean it up and re-weld it. Looks like the option I will be taking...

Probably not the best idea. You should buy a weld on track bar bracket and have him weld that on. It'll be much stronger.

olram30

Probably not the best idea. You should buy a weld on track bar bracket and have him weld that on. It'll be much stronger.

This, there are some on Northridge for 40-80 bucks depending on what manufacture you choose. Ditch the one you have

fatboy1271

This, there are some on Northridge for 40-80 bucks depending on what manufacture you choose. Ditch the one you have

Thanks guys, you Rock! :rock:

I found the JKS OE replacement bracket and reinforcement brace on Quadratec for $80! I can order those and have him weld that on instead.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Not trying to be cheap, just save money, but do you know if their are discount codes?

Don't know about evo, but Northridge uses WAYALIFE as a discount code. Give you ten percent off and free shipping I think.

2014 JKUR

Dirt

I got the JKS reinforcement welded on to my Jk. It was the first upgrade I was told to do by my favorite dealership service manager. It was under a 200.00 dollars.

Top Bottom