Rear sway bar

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey guys, View attachment 282964 View attachment 282965

Here’s my issue will call evo when I get a chance tomorrow hopefully.
This is the drivers side sway bar, it measures 12”. Anyone else running there coilovers set that could chime in on proper length sway bar. Mine looks to sit quite high. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

those links look too long considering you have them raised about 2"? from the stock mounting location.

tdougherty81

jeeeep

Hooked
I wouldn't ditch the bracket, I'd get shorter links.

raising the link mounting location keeps the link from flipping forward and bending across the tie-rod at full droop.

just get a shorter link that allows you to keep the sway bar level or a little above and you'll still have a nice full droop with no link flipping and bending

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug

raising the link mounting location keeps the link from flipping forward and bending across the tie-rod at full droop.

just get a shorter link that allows you to keep the sway bar level or a little above and you'll still have a nice full droop with no link flipping and bending
Yes, do this. I think someone else had the same issue somewhere on here. Installed a 10 inch link instead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Yes, do this. I think someone else had the same issue somewhere on here. Installed a 10 inch link instead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

The links that come with the coilovers are the proper length. You don’t need the extra bracket as it just raises it to high.

jeeeep

Hooked
The links that come with the coilovers are the proper length. You don’t need the extra bracket as it just raises it to high.

I don't have coilovers but on full droop do coilovers eliminate the sway bar link from flipping forward? I don't see that it would act any differently than stock coil setup :thinking:

I've bent several links, even when using a longer link - though maybe not have been long enough as those look like they're pushing the sway bar more than 5* above level.

I haven't bent any since raising the axle mount with the same 5* above level using a shorter link.

guess it 6's - longer link lower mounting, shorter link raised mount location

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Hey guys, View attachment 282964 View attachment 282965

Here’s my issue will call evo when I get a chance tomorrow hopefully.
This is the drivers side sway bar, it measures 12”. Anyone else running there coilovers set that could chime in on proper length sway bar. Mine looks to sit quite high. Thoughts?

This is not correct. The links should be 9.5”-10” long. Looks like you have the draglink flip kit which means you should be using your stock rear swaybar links in the front and the provided links in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Where did the bracket come from? Was it part of the coilover kit? I truly think the bracket is not necessary and current link is correct size. Picture is from the installation instructions.

View attachment 282993

Sent from my LG-H872 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The bracket is necessary to match the other side which uses the original sway bar mount point to reinforce the track bar relocation bracket. This corrects the front steering geometry and comes as part of the draglink flip kit.

Image1510700815.139135.jpg

I️ believe the links you showed are for the rear.

Image1510700835.704445.jpg

As stated earlier the stock rear sway bar links are reused in the front and should be the correct length.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I don't have coilovers but on full droop do coilovers eliminate the sway bar link from flipping forward? I don't see that it would act any differently than stock coil setup :thinking:

I've bent several links, even when using a longer link - though maybe not have been long enough as those look like they're pushing the sway bar more than 5* above level.

I haven't bent any since raising the axle mount with the same 5* above level using a shorter link.

guess it 6's - longer link lower mounting, shorter link raised mount location
I have been running the 12” links that came in my coilovers kit directly from evo for the past couple years now with zero issues. They are the proper length even at full droop on the lift and with the front sway bar disconnected.

The extra brackets that come with the drag link flip kit maybe provided for those that don’t have long enough links from other companies. Just a thought but I’m not sure if that’s the reasoning.

Attachments

• AFAC8FCF-F915-424D-BA35-B4706DE05316.jpg
    AFAC8FCF-F915-424D-BA35-B4706DE05316.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 70

Gobicon2017

Thread’s back:

Well I fixed the issues with the front sway bar links. As mentioned the stock Jk rear links go upfront and the provided were placed in rear. There now sitting slightly above level.

Now for another issue, the passenger rear sway bar is rubbing on the frame up to the break line. I’ll post a picture later when daylight is available. Wondering if others have had this issue and possible fixes.

Thanks

Top Bottom