Regear time frame

Tanner505

How long does it typically take to regear a jk, I'm having a shop do mine and I'm wanting to see what turn around people have had on theirs

noroad

How long does it typically take to regear a jk, I'm having a shop do mine and I'm wanting to see what turn around people have had on theirs

depends on the shop and what you tell them. I dropped my jeep off the night before so they could get set up and they had it done the next day by 3pm.

Tanner505

depends on the shop and what you tell them. I dropped my jeep off the night before so they could get set up and they had it done the next day by 3pm.

So our local 4x4 shop has had my jeep since yesterday at 830 am and all I was having don't was an alignment, weld my already bolted on front and rear rock krawler track bar brackets and a balancing my wheels, I called them earlier and got told that they would have it done tomorrow around noon, I'm wondering if that's unreasonable to have the jeep for that long

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So our local 4x4 shop has had my jeep since yesterday at 830 am and all I was having don't was an alignment, weld my already bolted on front and rear rock krawler track bar brackets and a balancing my wheels, I called them earlier and got told that they would have it done tomorrow around noon, I'm wondering if that's unreasonable to have the jeep for that long

Depends how busy they are. I'm sure your not their only customer.

And not sure why you had them do an alignment. It's easy and I they probably won't even do anything but give you a sheet saying your alignment is off.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Hard to say what a reasonable time frame is. It depends on how busy the shop is, how many workers they have on hand, how other jobs are going, etc. I think if it's a couple of days then that's a reasonable time frame. I had my jeep regeared (front only to match a swapped in rear axle) and it was done in a day but they weren't super busy at the time with other customers. I so wish we had more choices for off-road shops here in Albuquerque. Offroad Evolution southwest would be amazing, lol.

jeeeep

Hooked
my regear took 2 days after I dropped it off. depends on how busy they are.

Welding took 24 hours until I found a weld shop close by that will come to me and they are much cheaper. I prep and they weld, works out great!

Tanner505

Hard to say what a reasonable time frame is. It depends on how busy the shop is, how many workers they have on hand, how other jobs are going, etc. I think if it's a couple of days then that's a reasonable time frame. I had my jeep regeared (front only to match a swapped in rear axle) and it was done in a day but they weren't super busy at the time with other customers. I so wish we had more choices for off-road shops here in Albuquerque. Offroad Evolution southwest would be amazing, lol.

I like desert rat, but u would love a offroad evolution or a northridge4x4 but all we have is 4 wheel sucks and desert rat

Just had my rear end regeared in my driveway. Took about 6 hours of total work time. But that's working on the ground without air tools.

UtahJK

I dropped mine off Monday night and picked it up Wednesday morning. It was like driving a totally different jeep that day, it was so much better.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Just got it back and man it feels like a different jeep witg new gears

Awesome, I felt a big difference moving up to 5.13s. I'm sure you know about break-in period for first 500 miles and such. We should get some locals to go play on the rocks out in Puerco

Top Bottom