Regearing questions

Pyro1415

The factory Trac Loc doesn't handle the big tires well. I bent the factory axle shafts doing donuts in the snow so i now use G2 chomoly shafts and have not had any issues since. The heads of the Nitro gears supplied bolts sheered off from the carrier and ring gear which caused my entire rear end to be blow apart because the heads of the bolts got wedged between the ring and pinion and damaged the entire housing.

I grew up in northern maine and when it gets that kind of cold nothing works right, electric or not.

I have been going to Globex in NJ for my recent repairs they said that Eaton has poor customer service. Also make sure that the ring gear you get is drilled to accept both 7/16ths and 1/2" bolts. I believe that Eaton only makes their carrier in one size. I would call Eaton to confirm.

Master installation or overhaul kit is the same thing.

So no donuts with that awesome 5.13 power?! Electric tends to handle lower and you don't have to worry about moisture inside the wires. Plus mounted on board air adds to the cost. I'll be going arb when I upgrade axles down the road.
Thanks for the tips I'll give them a call.

So I can get away with the master install? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451579733.089086.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1451579749.811036.jpg

twoxstreem

So no donuts with that awesome 5.13 power?! Electric tends to handle lower and you don't have to worry about moisture inside the wires. Plus mounted on board air adds to the cost. I'll be going arb when I upgrade axles down the road.
Thanks for the tips I'll give them a call.

So I can get away with the master install? View attachment 180161 View attachment 180162

I would get the complete master install kit so you have the extra shims bearings etc. that you might need. its cheaper than getting the parts separably afterward.

Josh

Pyro1415

I would get the complete master install kit so you have the extra shims bearings etc. that you might need. its cheaper than getting the parts separably afterward.

Josh

Do you mean overhaul the more expensive one? The master install looks like it comes with less. Also I use rtv so the cover gaskets are pointless to me.

twoxstreem

Do you mean overhaul the more expensive one? The master install looks like it comes with less. Also I use rtv so the cover gaskets are pointless to me.

If you have to ask you should bring your rig to a qualified shop. Youre just setting yourself up for more problems.

WJCO

Meme King
Get a kit that comes with gears, all bearings, and all seals. That way it's done once with no additional labor in the future. And make sure that whoever does it truly has set up MANY differentials before.

Top Bottom