Replacing switch on light bar

jmpen

I just started trying to wire up an eBay light bar and arb under hood. I got the RR a pillar switches and Daisey chained the + to batt, and the - to solid ground. I cut the crap switch off of the harness that came with the light(has relay) and put the white wire to the pod switch. Nothing. If I put + to the blue wire, I get lights but switch doesn't do anything. Any help? Also when I checked the light, it seems like the switch light stays on?
Thanks

WJCO

Meme King
Try to explain where the Blu and white wires go to and from. But basically, hook the light bar wire to one side of the switch and power to the other. The switch should complete the circuit. Post pics if needed.

jmpen

The switch I cut out had a blue,white, and ground coming from the relay. Since I already had my pillar switch Daisy chained I thought I should just run the white wire from the relay to the open post on switch. Do I need to run all 3 wires from the relay to new switch? I thought the Daisy chain would keep me from having to do that.

WJCO

Meme King
The switch sends the power signal to the relay then the other side of the relay closes to complete the circuit. So you kind of need it how it was. And I would definitely run a relay on a full size light bar.

But if you choose not to, you just need to make sure the black wire on the light bar is grounded. And make sure the other wire goes to the non-power side of the switch. Then the other side of that switch must have power. And the switch will close the circuit.

WJCO

Meme King
I think you can still use your switch panel. But you should set it up where your pillar switch sends power to the light bar relay. If you can, post a picture of the harness or light bar wiring diagram.

jmpen

Thanks wjco! I ran the 3 original switch wires to the new switch and jumped it to the USB on the other pod. Worked. Now for the fun part, arb compressor is mounted( I did have to cut the bolts for the evo bracket)pressure switch and air Chuck all tightened up. Wiring it up tomorrow. The stupid wires to the 2nd horn are way to short to reach the horn where it's mounted on the bracket, so that will take some tinkering. Thanks again.

WJCO

Meme King
Glad to hear it worked out. As far as those other wires, you can just extend the wires with the same gauge wiring most likely. Auto parts store should have some in bulk.

Top Bottom