Resqman's StormTrooper

resqman911

I have been meaning to make a build thread for awhile just never got around to it, so here we go.

Sold my 1998 XJ after the engine let go and bought a bone stock 2011 Rubicon, I don't think the previous owner had ever taken it off road as I couldn't find a single scratch on it and the engine bay was immaculate.

IMG_1902.JPG

I should have named my build, Resqman's Secondhand Build as much of my build is second hand stuff ( trying to build on a budget ). I love Craigslist.

My first addition was an XRC front bumper,I know its a Smittybilt, but I like the looks and it does what I ask of it, would like to upgrade later to a PS bumper but too many other things take priority.

IMG_2045.jpg

Next addition was lift and tires. The lift I purchased new from Northridge, I went with the RK 2.5 flex. Have had this lift for about 6 months now and I'm very happy with it, rides great on road and performs awesome off road. For tires I got an awesome deal on a set of almost new 315/70/17 duratrac's on American Eagle wheels. I also had my C's gusseted by ORE.

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

Post Lift. Very happy with the results.

IMG_2062.jpg

I was rubbing badly at full flex after the lift so I trimmed the stock fenders to accommodate my new found articulation. Problem solved.

FullSizeRender (17).jpg

Added an Evo Highlift mount, Spiderweb Shade, CO2 set-up for airing back up a CB and a winch.

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

And my latest addition is a set of PS Rocker Knockers that I got off of craigslist for an amazing price, sanded them down and repainted them and they look new.

IMG_2828.jpg

Last edited:

JakeJK

I have been meaning to make a build thread for awhile just never got around to it, so here we go.

Sold my 1998 XJ after the engine let go and bought a bone stock 2011 Rubicon, I don't think the previous owner had ever taken it off road as I couldn't find a single scratch on it and the engine bay was immaculate.

View attachment 170379

I should have named my build, Resqman's Secondhand Build as much of my build is second hand stuff ( trying to build on a budget ). I love Craigslist.

My first addition was an XRC front bumper,I know its a Smittybilt, but I like the looks and it does what I ask of it, would like to upgrade later to a PS bumper but too many other things take priority.

View attachment 170383

Next addition was lift and tires. The lift I purchased new from Northridge, I went with the RK 2.5 flex. Have had this lift for about 6 months now and I'm very happy with it, rides great on road and performs awesome off road. For tires I got an awesome deal on a set of almost new 315/70/17 duratrac's on American Eagle wheels. I also had my C's gusseted by ORE.

View attachment 170384

View attachment 170385

Post Lift. Very happy with the results.

View attachment 170386

I was rubbing badly at full flex after the lift so I trimmed the stock fenders to accommodate my new found articulation. Problem solved.

View attachment 170387

Added an Evo Highlift mount, Spiderweb Shade, CO2 set-up for airing back up a CB and a winch.

View attachment 170388

View attachment 170394

And my latest addition is a set of PS Rocker Knockers that I got off of craigslist for an amazing price, sanded them down and repainted them and they look new.

View attachment 170395

What did you use to blackout the jeep emblem? Love the jeep

Ddays

Hooked
Sorry to hijack, but you can get those on Amazon. Just be careful that you don't buy the big plastic ones. Not the same font style.

Edit; they aren't blacked out they're new emblems...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I keep forgetting about this...I've never tried it. Might pick some up on the way home just to try it out on something.

I did my whole grill in it. Comes out great with little prep and easy to touch up.

Ddays

Hooked
Mine used to be plastidipped black. Check out my build thread for pics. Its easy as hell

I remember seeing you do this at the beginning of your build thread. I just looked it up and went through yours again. Cool Jeep bed!
And I always wondered how the rubi sway bar disconnect box worked - yours is the first I saw disassambled. I may try to score one of those.

Sorry again Resq...back to your build - you've had your kit for 6 mos now? I have a couple questions on your RK kit;

How are the control arms holding up for you? Someone told me the joints can wear quickly.

I just installed the 3.5 kit and it relocates the rear axle an inch back. Looks like I have a shitload of clearance issues now. Did you see that with
your lift? Specifically with the bump stops on the axle and body being out of alignment

Are you using the factory rear track bar? My RK bar clears the axle but not by much...

I remember seeing you do this at the beginning of your build thread. I just looked it up and went through yours again. Cool Jeep bed!

And I always wondered how the rubi sway bar disconnect box worked - yours is the first I saw disassambled. I may try to score one of those.
Its really simple when you take the electronics out of the picture. If you get one, let me know.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's what I was thinking but I was wondering if it's possible to get it without taking the emblem off

It is. Tape a square around it and paint. Once it dries you can peel the dip from around the letters pretty easily

Well that seems simple enough

Yea there are a couple threads on here about it i think, but basicly, the only other trick is to be patient. Do several (4+) light coats about 10 min apart. Its self leveling/bonding so you want it to dry a bit and settle before the next coat so it finishes smooth. If you rush it, you get clumps, and if you dont do enough coats, it wont peel off correctly. Should be about the feel of latex when you peel it.

resqman911

My emblem is plasti-dipped, and my RK arms are holding up well so far, no issues , but I'm only running front lowers , so I have no experience with the rear.

As far as my build goes I have tons more planned, skid plates are coming in the next couple weeks, I'm also going to be making the jump to 37's when these tires wear out .

Top Bottom