Restoring a TJ Wrangler (1997)

Dmdalton

How’s the project going? I’ve done a full work up on my 97. Advice, start from ground up (axles, lift, body,etc) based on your vision of what you will be using it for.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

That hood is in amazing shape for so many miles... of course I spent most of my life in TX where anything more than 5 years old looks like someone took a baby sledge to it.

G-mansjk

One of the biggest things that would help with your jeep is to stop calling it a car!!! haha... sorry I had to it was driving me crazy. I'd definitely check the belt and air box, after that long of sitting the rubber can degrade and rodents or bugs can take over... hell I've seen daily drivers get taken over by squirrels

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeepin989

I am currently restoring a 98. Rebuilding the 4.0. Took the body completely off the frame wasn’t really rusty and was in good shape but i am so glad we are taking the time because now i am costing my frame with Por 15 inside and out this thing shouldn’t rust for a long time. Just do the maintenance check your engine mounts body mounts basically everywhere there is a hole or something connecting to the frame and just treat it even if you don’t do the whole thing. That’s my 2 cents probably not worth much i am new to all this too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom