Riddle me this

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the offer man! Much appreciated, unfortunately I gotta get this done today due to work. Is the extractor set super exspensive? Defiantly something useful to have, I’m just worried because it’s totally rounded now. Figured I’d sacrifice the stud and torch it out.
Buddy finally got back to me on the torch[emoji1476][emoji1476]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Did you have any luck yet? I went to rotate the tires on my wife's commander this morning and ended up in the same predicament.

Oreo_penguin536

Did you have any luck yet? I went to rotate the tires on my wife's commander this morning and ended up in the same predicament.

I’m slacking, haven’t left the house yet[emoji23]

I’ll throw up some pics when I get over there for ya. If you have the compacity I would defiantly try the extractor set mentioned above before the torch. Only reason I’m going torch route is because I can’t miss another day of work and I pretty well jacked that whole thing up to start with.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Torch is last resort for me. The wheels have some sort of plastic like chrome top layer over the aluminum. I'm going to try and drill out the remaining since there isn't anything to grip with a socket.

Oreo_penguin536

Torch is last resort for me. The wheels have some sort of plastic like chrome top layer over the aluminum. I'm going to try and drill out the remaining since there isn't anything to grip with a socket.

Let me know how that went. Just torched it and it worked just fine but since I have an inset where my lungs are it got pretty messy, that one lug hole on that rim looks pretty shot Image1518897593.871340.jpg
Got kinda messy

sparks

Thanks for the offer man! Much appreciated, unfortunately I gotta get this done today due to work. Is the extractor set super exspensive? Defiantly something useful to have, I’m just worried because it’s totally rounded now. Figured I’d sacrifice the stud and torch it out.
Buddy finally got back to me on the torch[emoji1476][emoji1476]

Glad you were able to get it out - sucks about the mess.

I think the extractors were like $10-$15. Not expensive at all

nbunga

Caught the Bug
So I was able to drill my stud out. Took a while and a couple broken drill bits. 20180217_145457.jpg 20180217_172117.jpg
Now the next fun. The damn key for the locking lug nuts broke!! I got the extractor so I'll try that.

An all day tire rotation and brake inspection, just what I wanted to do!

Oreo_penguin536

So I was able to drill my stud out. Took a while and a couple broken drill bits. View attachment 293511 View attachment 293512
Now the next fun. The damn key for the locking lug nuts broke!! I got the extractor so I'll try that.

An all day tire rotation and brake inspection, just what I wanted to do!

I guess the only difference here is that at the end of that I had the option of cutting the mangled stud clean[emoji23][emoji23]

Top Bottom