RIP My Father

USMC Wrangler

Very sorry to hear and my condolences. My Mom passed in 2016 and my Dad in 2018. I miss them every single day.

Prayers for you and your family.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Saying farewell to a loved member of our family is never an easy thing. Your loss is truly felt.
I believe that as long as we're remembered, we never truly die.
Live your life to make him proud, though I'm fairly certain he already was. Share his wisdom and teachings with your Munchkins and watch him grow within them.
It's ok to cry, it helps to cleanse the spirit.
Never say goodbye.
Say I love you. I miss you. And remember.

JDDK

Oh man, sorry for the pain your family is facing. You're a good son. You turned out well, raising a great family and being there for your folks. He was more than proud of you brother. You improved on where he had as your father. That is priceless and all every dad wants for his son. Press on, raise yours to improve on as well, and cherish those moments together with yours. Your that dad now.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Sorry for your loss. Hang on to those memories. You’re lucky to have had those later years with him. My father died when I was 19. We weren’t very close at that time and I missed out on those later years that some of my friends are enjoying now. I would have loved to have times to drink a beer and talk jeeps with him.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Braxtonsag

Yeah he definitely let it be known how proud he was. We both work for FCA and we were picking up his toolbox today and they had done a donation and everyone in his department signed a card for us. I got to hear all kinds of stories about how everyone he worked with just loved him and how he was always talking about his son, his wife, his grand babies, his Jeep, and how he always needed a beer lol. I made some memorial decals to give to friends and family and a family friend slapped one right on the back of his old machine facing the main isle at work.

Feels good to know how many lives he affected. I really can’t thank all of you enough for the words, I appreciate each and every one of you commenting.
IMG_2225.jpg

Last edited:

jdofmemi

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I lost my dad at 22, and missed out on much of what most people get to share with their dad.

Hang in there, and make sure your mom is getting through this. It sounds like his time on Earth ended way too soon.

It may sound shallow, but at least it was quick and you don't have to deal with memories of him withering away in a hospital bed. That is some small condolence.

This just goes to show that we can't take life for granted, and need to cherish our time with family and friends.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Man that’s terrible. So sorry to hear that. But glad to hear that you made some good memories with him. I’ll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
It is very difficult loosing a parent. My dad has been gone 28 years and I think about him every day and miss him dearly. As others have said, it does get easier with time. You will never run out of things that will trigger great memories of your time together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom