RIPP CAI and River Raider safari snorkel

Aldonoward3

I wanted a snorkel that didn't gooseneck so I landed on the river raider safari. I like the look and it performs wonderfully according to many write-ups and reviews. The mount can be raised if needed but looks a bit awkward. I ALSO PLAN ON COLOR MATCHING IT TO MY JK.

UNFORTUNATELY loss of power is a common side effect of a snorkel instal due to the bends in the air flow path to the air box.... Sooooo I figured a proven gains intake was a must and decided on the RIPP cold air intake "for most snorkels" it's YouTube videos and reviews claim that after Dyno testing from stock to equipped, the average was +20 foot pounds of torque and +6hp with much improvement in mid range power.

View attachment 118575

Aldonoward3

Snorkel installed! I'm getting 17.4 mpg in city which doesn't make sense at allllllllll so I'm going to trip my odometer and calculate my mileage at next fill up.

Very please with the outcome, submersion testing to follow. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421532564.728490.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421532576.955323.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421532595.716730.jpg

jeffj

Caught the Bug
That looks really nice. I would like to put one of those in. Can you post some pics of the pluming.

Calys003

I was wondering about the plumbing also so I looked at RR's site and found this picture for 2012+ models :beer: jeep snorkle.jpg

Aldonoward3

That looks really nice. I would like to put one of those in. Can you post some pics of the pluming.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421724621.585581.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421724642.617184.jpg

We made it work with some custom fuse box brackets and the attachment to the intake was possible with a plumbing reducer from lowes. Haha

Top Bottom