RLN OVR - 2008 JKUR Build

Casey_250

Had some extra Cyclones kicking around. Working out some wiring kinks but I think will look pretty good. Ill have to do a write up once I finalize all the details and mounting.

20170709_144858.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Casey_250

Everyone is so hype on fridges, and my buddy was getting ride of his so I picked it up. It will be nice to have for road trips, especially with a toddler on board. Fits nicely in the middle with the back seat down. When not in use it makes for a nice drink cooler in the man cave :)

fridge.jpg

Casey_250

Well after some trial and error and lots of reading I got the Cyclones to run dim as running lights, and flash when signalling.

On running lights lead is a 3amp 200piv diode then a 68ohm resistor
On signal lights lead is a 3amp 200piv diode
Then the signal lead and the running light lead can be combined after the diode and resistor to go to the positive on the cyclone.
The negative lead just goes right to the negative on the clone.
There is a LED load resistor before any of the diodes to trick the canbus from fast flashing.

3 amp 200 piv diodes x4
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/micro-commercial-co/1N5402-TP/1N5402-TPCT-ND/950581

68 ohm resistors x4
https://www.digikey.ca/product-deta...onics-inc./CF14JT68R0/CF14JT68R0CT-ND/1830323

Led load resistor x2 (1pkg)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B014SWFXKW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is my expert drawing.

wiring diagram.png

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Your rig is turning out nice. I’ve always like the how the leds look at night for turn signals. Did you wire all your Kc rock lights together?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Casey_250

Your rig is turning out nice. I’ve always like the how the leds look at night for turn signals. Did you wire all your Kc rock lights together?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

All my rock lights are wired together right now. I have them on a On/Off/On switch, with one circuit connected to the interior lights so when I unlock the doors or open a door, or I can toggle it to completely off, or I can manually turn them on. I was thinking about breaking apart the 4 rock light on my sliders into one circuit, and the 4 lights in the wheel wells on a second circuit since 8 cyclones is REALLY bright in a parking lot at night lol.

Casey_250

Did some more wiring in the tailgate, added a LED light whip mount, VHF/UHF antenna, and some wires for a couple cyclones for reverse lights.

Awaiting a few new big parts in a few weeks :)

tailgate2.jpg

tailgate1.jpg

tailgate 3.jpg

Casey_250

Some updates. I wasn't liking the limited cargo of the onboard tire carrier, so I added a Poison Spyder body mount carrier and got a ton of cargo space back. Then I secured that using a Tuffy security deck. On the hood, I added an Evo breach to help get some of the heat out. Liking it so far.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Top Bottom