ROAM Offroad - JL Development - Front and Rear Bumpers, 4-Link Long Arm, & Side Armor

longarmwj

Sweet! New supporters are awesome! Thanks for supporting Wayalife!!!

Good to see some new JL product hitting the market :thumb:

Was just informed that you're a vendor here on the forum. Thanks for the support. :thumb:

Advertiser. Be sure to welcome them.

Welcome then [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Welcome to Wayalife from Foresthill Ca 👋

I was being completely sarcastic but ended up looking accepting & supportive... Haha.

Welcome [emoji106]

Welcome!!!

Thank you for your support Roam

Welcome! Thank you for you support of Wayalife!

Welcome and thanks for supporting Wayalife!

Welcome! Thank you for the support! [emoji112]

Sweet! New supporters are awesome! Thanks for supporting Wayalife!!!

Good to see some new JL product hitting the market :thumb:

Welcome to Wayalife!

Welcome Roam! Looking forward to updates.

Welcome to WAYALIFE and thanks for supporting. Nice new products your working on there

Welcome to Wayalife [emoji106]

Welcome to WAYALIFE

Thanks for the support and warm welcome everyone!

LōD Offroad;1029782 said:
:thinking: :cheesy:

Lol! I find this pretty funny too, but for different reasons. From your comparison picture, our products do not appear to be designed, engineered or built similarly.

Our Side Armor Steps have full width egress step plates and LEDs where the recesses are and your version does not. From the picture you've attached, our Side Armor Steps also do not angle the edge of the top surface at a slant (where the step plates are) or expand the opening outwards. During our own testing, we've found that if the top edge was slanted it adds to a false sense of where someone could step without slipping or rolling their ankle. We've also built our step plate at full width (the width of the doors) so that you wouldn't be limited to where you can step. Also, on our Side Armor Steps, the indent edges are concave and the B pillar indent is there for structural reasons and not for aesthetics.

We also have LED lights on ours. On the picture you've attached of our Side Armor Steps you can clearly see LED lights protruding out from the concave section of the indents. (They look like small round tabs.) We've designed the edge indents the way we've designed them because of the LED lights can only be angled so far; the LED's shine inward and downward onto the step plates and not upward or outward.

Our Side Armor Steps also hug the base of the OE fenders. We've designed them that way instead of spacing them down further because our side armor steps as they sit will not interfere with our long arm suspension rear control arm brackets. Our JL long arm suspension is the first JL long arm 4-link kit available. We'll have pictures this week of our first customer installs.

We've been working on our stuff since the beginning of January and our side steps have been in production since the end of February. We've got timestamped proofs of our concept designs, timestamped engineering drawings, and emails (which are timestamped) and timestamped validation testing from various third parties. The NDA/embargo was lifted recently as demos and reviews are rolling out.

So to put things nicely, it appears that great minds think alike. I'd like to think that if I see a widened step area on your Rock Sliders and/or the addition of LED lights on your version, or if you reconfigure the mounting brackets so that your Rock Sliders are hugging the fenders more or if you've added an indent near the front for clearance issues then we're improving the JL customer experience overall instead of that you've either copied or are planning on copying our step area design or our LED placement. Though what I would prefer to tell you instead would be, that in my opinion, you also build some really nice products and I wish you well.

EVEN IF they blatantly copy an overseas company.

Attached below is an image showing one of our focus groups providing feedback on our front bull bar design. sarcasm->this picture shows that we have designed almost every variation of what a bull bar may look like, including height and width, and this is version group 7 of 20+ groups of our first focus group feedback, so therefore should anyone design a bull bar or grill guard that has either a similar shape, height, or width, or angle, or tube OD, then they *must* be copying our stuff? /sarcasm. Thanks for the warm welcome btw!

Attachments

• ROAM front bumper bull bar - group 7 comparison.jpg
    ROAM front bumper bull bar - group 7 comparison.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 376

BaddestCross

...so therefore should anyone design a bull bar or grill guard that has either a similar shape, height, or width, or angle, or tube OD, then they *must* be copying our stuff? /sarcasm. Thanks for the warm welcome btw!

Sorry, welcome to WAL. Hope you have a thick skin. 🍻

I was commenting on the caption under the picture where (I'm assuming) you say your company sometimes copy other's designs. If it wasn't you or someone representing your company or if the photo and comments were taken out of context, I apologize.

However, if it is the policy of your company that it's okay to outright copy other's designs, that's a problem.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

A.J.

Welcome to Wayalife. Question though. Where does one purchase you products? I googled ROAM Off-road and can't find hardly even a mention of your company. Only one that was some expedition portal asking if they were still in business (which clearly you are). Are you strictly a manufacturer or ? Kinda confused.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The designs have similar elements to my eyes, but are clearly different. With your descriptions (led’s, angles, etc.) it seems pretty clear to me that these are far from copies. Best of luck to you in your endeavors. 🥃 Just remember not to treat customers like shit (by accusing them of abusing your products if a product happens to fail due to design flaws) and you will further distinguish yourself from some of the other manufacturers out there.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Sorry, welcome to WAL. Hope you have a thick skin. [emoji482]

I was commenting on the caption under the picture where (I'm assuming) you say your company sometimes copy other's designs. If it wasn't you or someone representing your company or if the photo and comments were taken out of context, I apologize.

However, if it is the policy of your company that it's okay to outright copy other's designs, that's a problem.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I read it as their designs are sometimes copied by others not that they copy other companies designs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom