Rock Krawler Rock Runner kit.

OscarMike2.0

Personally I would want my control arms to be beefy and steel. Especially if running a 3 link where one control arm going down means a bad day on the trail.

Rock krawler told me that the aluminum arms were usually for race application and if it's good enough for any offroad race than it sure as hell is gonna be for me

Spudcannons

Yes but are the evo long arms solid steel?

No but there is no way you are going to brake one. Drew would know the exact specs but I think they are 3/16+ DOM steel. If Mel, Eddie ect can run V8 swaps do king of the hammers ect without braking them you should be just fine. I would worry more about getting into a situation where braking an arm like that is possible. A situation like that would be life threatening and I would be worrying about how solid my roll cage is not my control arms. I would also bet the RK is a heavier kit with the braces, you may need to relocate the tank too. A guy near me with a 2 door had to for his 3 link. If you are into the extra bit of articulation have a custom triangulated 4 link made it will have less squat during acceleration and you may experience rear steer from the tires moving forward and back slightly with the 3 link.

OscarMike2.0

No but there is no way you are going to brake one. Drew would know the exact specs but I think they are 3/16+ DOM steel. If Mel, Eddie ect can run V8 swaps do king of the hammers ect without braking them you should be just fine. I would worry more about getting into a situation where braking an arm like that is possible. A situation like that would be life threatening and I would be worrying about how solid my roll cage is not my control arms. I would also bet the RK is a heavier kit with the braces, you may need to relocate the tank too. A guy near me with a 2 door had to for his 3 link. If you are into the extra bit of articulation have a custom triangulated 4 link made it will have less squat during acceleration and may experience rear steer from the tires moving forward and back slightly.

Last time I checked I didn't say that I thought the evo ones weren't strong enough.. You don't have to relocated your gas tank either.

tsweet

I had the triple threat long arm. All aluminum. Coil overs all around. He rear were out boarded. The jeep leaned real bad under low speed high torque situations(low low) on the atlas 4spd. Other than that the articulation was great. But driving down he highway it felt kind of boatish. Maybe due to the fact I was not running a rear sway bar.

I tore all of that out and did the LS swap and DTD front and rear along with pro rock 60/80.

I felt that the latter was a lot more in line with how I wanted to build the jeep. With that much more torque I couldn't imagine how much it would lean to the passenger side which was kind of scary going up obstacles. Just my .02

OscarMike2.0

I had the triple threat long arm. All aluminum. Coil overs all around. He rear were out boarded. The jeep leaned real bad under low speed high torque situations(low low) on the atlas 4spd. Other than that the articulation was great. But driving down he highway it felt kind of boatish. Maybe due to the fact I was not running a rear sway bar.

I tore all of that out and did the LS swap and DTD front and rear along with pro rock 60/80.

I felt that the latter was a lot more in line with how I wanted to build the jeep. With that much more torque I couldn't imagine how much it would lean to the passenger side which was kind of scary going up obstacles. Just my .02

Thanks for the info.

upnover

No but there is no way you are going to brake one. Drew would know the exact specs but I think they are 3/16+ DOM steel. If Mel, Eddie ect can run V8 swaps do king of the hammers ect without braking them you should be just fine. I would worry more about getting into a situation where braking an arm like that is possible. A situation like that would be life threatening and I would be worrying about how solid my roll cage is not my control arms. I would also bet the RK is a heavier kit with the braces, you may need to relocate the tank too. A guy near me with a 2 door had to for his 3 link. If you are into the extra bit of articulation have a custom triangulated 4 link made it will have less squat during acceleration and you may experience rear steer from the tires moving forward and back slightly with the 3 link.

Those two run different arms that are not offered, i think they called them the envy links or something, aluminum arms with a skid on it.

Top Bottom