Rock skin liners

Serg5000

Finished getting my friends jeep all ready for some rocks.
ehuhuna9.jpg

ygy8e2yd.jpg

JK07

Any thoughts about using something like that clear "bra" paint protector material under the skins?

What did you rtv guys do in the 3 panel gaps below the doors? Did you put a vertical bead on either side of the gap?

Last edited:

mackey

Any thoughts about using something like that clear "bra" paint protector material under the skins?

A lot of people where I live get a clear film placed on many areas of the car. It's almost like a clear tint. I'm thinking of using that.

I ran the liners on my TJ when I lived in Ohio with the TJ psc sliders. I took them off before I sold it. It still trapped in dirt, water. It still rusted.

I would rather not run anything so at least you can rinse it out.

im pretty solidly considering mounting them dry, then just pulling them a couple times a year to clean behind them. Does that sound like a turrible idea? I feel like the rtv will just complicate things.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
im pretty solidly considering mounting them dry, then just pulling them a couple times a year to clean behind them. Does that sound like a turrible idea? I feel like the rtv will just complicate things.

I skipped the rtv last time I took mine off. Also put plenty of anti seize on the bolts. Don't skimp on that.

olram30

Yea im liking that idea. How long has it been and how often do you take em off?

I took them off and re painted them last summer. I'll probably take them off again this summer and check inside. They don't use salt here on the roads, so that helps. If anything, a bead on the top would be all I would do.

Nick Unlimited

I've had my Evo Rock Skins on for about 7months. The powder coat is rusting around the bolt holes and edges. No rock scrapes on them at all. The pem style fastners have rust around them and 6 of them are now spinning which will not allow the bolt to be removed.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Why not protect the body panels you're covering with Plasti Dip? Just a thought. Wherever you're putting on body skins, first spray the body with Plasti Dip. Like I said it's just an idea but it may work.

olram30

I've had my Evo Rock Skins on for about 7months. The powder coat is rusting around the bolt holes and edges. No rock scrapes on them at all. The pem style fastners have rust around them and 6 of them are now spinning which will not allow the bolt to be removed.

Yeah, that's how mine looked before I took them off and re painted them.

Top Bottom