Rocker cam making tick tick noise any oil additives you recomend?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Interesting. I'll give that a shot next oil change. Assuming I can just add it to the old oil before swapping it out or should the oil be clean and do the change twice? ATF+4 is fine or something else?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I work in the service department at a GMC dealer and used the ATF we put in the gm cars so any atf will work just fine.

As for when to add it, I put in a quart before I changed the oil but really doing it the way you mentioned as well will work

BaddestCross

I work in the service department at a GMC dealer and used the ATF we put in the gm cars so any atf will work just fine.

As for when to add it, I put in a quart before I changed the oil but really doing it the way you mentioned as well will work
If prefer not to change the oil twice. 😎

Thanks for contributing this... The tapping on start-up is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me... Getting worried about having to roll in some new bearings so I'll give this a shot first. 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

MericaMade

Hey guys howdy from Texas [emoji112] I have this annoying tick tick noise coming from my 2013 jku 3.6L penstar engine I’m pretty sure it’s a bad rocker, I just thought If there’s any oil additives to help reduce the tick noise you guys might of have luck with?

Thanks for your feedback

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A few weeks ago my buddy had his cam sensor replaced and his jeep was making a tick/knock sound that we thought was coming from in the engine. As we were driving home from a trail his belt blew off and pulleys were toast. After we replaced the the pulleys and belts on the side of the road the noise was gone and the engine sounded normal no more ticking or knock. It's worth a shot to check the pulleys.

bmkrinne

Sounds like these rocker bearings are failing from a lack of lubrication. Is this an issue with low oil supply and excessive heat or perhaps something else? Long intervals between oil changes with conventional oil?

NightFox915

Oil filter had worn gaskets under neath was causing oil to slip out of the engine about 3 quarts a month stained the underneath bay and transmission with oil,lost pressure on oil and my Jeeps dash doesn’t have that sensor so no oil on cams= engine disaster worn rockers and rods metal with metal rub= no good

Top Bottom