RockHard over Rubicon

Drdiesel1

I got mine auto with 4.10s base radio and a soft top for the same price as your Rubicon. With my trade in I'm sub 40k. The leather and heated seats gets the wife on board and with my job it may end up her daily driver.

Cool! I only paid $37K for mine with auto trans, body painted hard top and flares :brows:

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I have no knowledge in air flow in compact spaces but those vents are opened, not closed molded prices plastic. Nonetheless heat rises and when crawling you don't have much air flow passing over your hood anyways so it kind of is another point for hot air to escape.

The top is quite open but underside of each vent only has one hole that would be lucky to be 7/16" as a drain. If you cut the bottom off and removed the engine cover they would probably work ok when crawling to get some heat out, but then you would have to worry about water pooling on the engine when it rains. It's a nice hood and I like mine but it's really only cosmetic.

Cool! I only paid $37K for mine with auto trans, body painted hard top and flares :brows:

Awesome. That's what I'm saying, depending on the options you want they are basically the same price. I wanted a soft top and regular flares. But the leather, heated seats, bumpers and extra rail on the sliders for the wife. I could sell her on the HR over the Rubi but not the Rubi over the sport.

zimm

Caught the Bug
It really comes down to the bumpers. I didn't want them. I got a pretty loaded Rubicon and bought the Mopar hood kit for $800, $12 for the little hood bumpers (not included in the kit), and $500 for paint and install. The money left over from the hard rock edition could pay for a lift and tires.

Speeddmn

The powerplant will NOT fit the Hardrock/10A/RubiconX bumper without extensive trimming. just, FYI. :yup:

Well dang..

Im going today at lunch to just put eyes on them. In the end I might just take the Rubi, go home swap every single part off our current Rubi over, then trade a now back to stock 2010 Rubi in on a new Toaster for the wife. She really loves the Renegades and as long as we keep one wrangler I'm happy.

That would still allow me to keep wheel as we do now and not need to throw cash at it right away.

w1kk3d

Unfortunately the color Gecko has been discontinued. I believe it was only 2012-2013 or something like that. My sister's two door is a '12 Gecko and she had a hell of a time tracking one down.

I believe they just released "hypergreen" which is similar to the Gecko.

Warrior's Lance

Prefer 4.10 gears but cars.com and auto trader don't usually give all the info, so been digging up window stickers as I can find them to see what is what.

It is fairly easy to find out what the original equipment was on any Jeep. If it is a new vehicle, just go the dealer's website, find the vehicle you want and look at the window sticker. If it's used, copy the vehicle ID number and go the jeep support page and paste that vin into the box and you get a pdf with all the original equip.
http://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/eqlisting_detail/
If the pdf fails, recheck the vin as the box prunes off extra characters.

Speeddmn

It is fairly easy to find out what the original equipment was on any Jeep. If it is a new vehicle, just go the dealer's website, find the vehicle you want and look at the window sticker. If it's used, copy the vehicle ID number and go the jeep support page and paste that vin into the box and you get a pdf with all the original equip.
http://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/eqlisting_detail/
If the pdf fails, recheck the vin as the box prunes off extra characters.

That is typically how I do it, but some dealer sites shows the box for the window sticker. Once you click on it, it will show that VIN dosent exists yet...

Top Bottom