Rockhard skid install

Has noting to do with crossmember. Those part numbers reflect variations between long and short arm suspension. Basically if you get the catalytic convertor skid or not.

Trans has out dated or incorrect info for years. You'd be amazed how strenuous it is for changes to take place with them.

Last edited:

RedRum

Does anyone have the old style design on a 2015 ? I understand the jeep in the install video was a 2015 but those mounting holes are clearly different than those on my skid ...

noroad

Has noting to do with crossmember. Those part numbers reflect variations between long and short arm suspension. Basically if you get the catalytic convertor skid or not.

Trans has out dated or incorrect info for years. You'd be amazed how strenuous it is for changes to take place with them.

ok now you have me just wondering at this point lol! why does it only say mopar and rubicon express long arms and not just all long arms?

Yea I jno but I figured being it was others day and Sunday nigt no one would be there to help me and I'm out under the jeep now lol

Glad I can be here to help after hours. It's why we joined forums - customer support :rock:

Make sure you get all the bolts slightly threaded in before your torque them down. Hope that helps.

Correct - for some reason you will need to bring the bolts in at the same time. Can't estimate why your pattern is not lining up.

ok now you have me just wondering at this point lol! why does it only say mopar and rubicon express long arms and not just all long arms?
Trans is Trans. It does not say that anywhere on our site nor 99.99999% of our other dealers.

I made REDRUM the offer to drill whatever he had to drill and tweak whatever he had to tweak to tweak to complete his install. I don't know why he is having an issue but the goal is to protect his oil pan and transmission in time for his trip. He is right in that he should not have to make any adjustments - and I don't have a clue why he is having an issue but I told him after his trip I would warranty out that skid and ship him the very latest design. I hope that meets his goal of protection for his trip and a new skid plate.

I will confirm with James in the morning about what version skid this was and if it predates our oil pan access door change plus other revisions I didn't know about. In the end it's about customer confidence in our line and knowing we have your back.

07JKSahara

I made REDRUM the offer to drill whatever he had to drill and tweak whatever he had to tweak to tweak to complete his install. I don't know why he is having an issue but the goal is to protect his oil pan and transmission in time for his trip. He is right in that he should not have to make any adjustments - and I don't have a clue why he is having an issue but I told him after his trip I would warranty out that skid and ship him the very latest design. I hope that meets his goal of protection for his trip and a new skid plate.

I will confirm with James in the morning about what version skid this was and if it predates our oil pan access door change plus other revisions I didn't know about. In the end it's about customer confidence in our line and knowing we have your back.

Class Act ladies and gents.

RedRum

These guys really are the best here's my problem couldn't get a good pic yesterday ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431384781.563288.jpg
The hole on skid is an inch too far forward not even visible here

Willthishokdwithoutthat one ??
Took me a second to translate but I think I'm on the same page with you.

You've just got an older version than I thought you had. For everyone else - this is NOT what we ship currently nor have shipped since we changed to the access door vs oval cut out for oil changes quite a long time ago. This was a band-aide skid we mutually agreed to ship him to get him some protection in time for his trip. I was under the impression this was a version where the only difference was the oil change method, but turns out he received an even older version. :doh:

The good news is that even with the incorrect pattern, you've got 3/16" of steel under your belly that'll keep you safe till you get back home. I've already put in the warranty claim for the skid you are working with - and I don't need it back. Beat it up all you want - you've got a new one in the queue for you already.

RedRum

Thank you guys I was literally going insane because this isn't rocket science to install and all I could think was am I this stupid ( possibly ) lol but will this be ok minus the one transfer case skid mount bolt ??

Top Bottom