RockKrawler "Quality"

Five-N9ne

Only joints I ever had that went bad were heims and ONE Johnny Joint that had defective internals, one of the bushing halves was only partially molded. Fixed with a rebuild kit and will probably never run heims again.

MudVayne

Caught the Bug
Do you have Rock Krawler parts on your Jeep?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Correct, not a fan of the rake it develops. Yet, everything else has been great. I lived in Aliso Viejo and loved big bear. Now dealing with shitty winters living in Indiana..I definitely need to routinely purge the joints with wd40 every 6 months and regrease..the tolerances are crazy tight so thick grease has no where to go..very similar to my track car’s suspension..

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
All my arms are rusted out as f$@k and when I reached out to them (after less than a year and only 1 winter) they told me “we don’t have a problem with rust of our rigs because we don’t run ours in winter”

I’ve had my X-factor RK lift on now for about 4 years. One winter in RI and now I’m in my third in AL. All of my arms started to rust after my first winter in RI. From what I can tell, they use a single coat painting system. It doesn’t hold up well to the New England salt. I’ve had to remove the rust and repaint a good portion on each of my RK control arms. Each time I removed the paint, even if it wasn’t peeling off. I found surface rust under the paint.

I removed their adjustable track bars (front and rear) because of the vibrations that the heim joints transmit into the Jeep’s frame. I also replaced their trackbar mounts because they were the weld on only design and the front one failed on me so I replaced them with the EVO brackets. I know they have fixed their design and added in U-bolts but that was an issue I had.

That said, I haven’t had a problem with any of their Krawler or poly joints. I use a 100% Moly grease and WD-40 on the poly joints at each oil change and before I hit the trail.

Top Bottom