Roof Top Tent or not

Deacon

Picked up a Morris Mule and a Tempui Autana RTT a few weeks ago - still outfitting everything for a planned camping trip in October. My tires look small in this pic but I now have 2 of my 5 37" KMC Machetes mounted .

I have not towed it any long distance so no opinion on that yet. But we have prepped the tent in the back yard and its nice any cozy for wife , son and myself. Will be putting an awning on sometime soon. so many projects

Attachments

• jeep with mule.jpg
    jeep with mule.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

IgotaWoody39

I was having this discussion earlier today with a friend while planning our Rim Rocker Trail trip in May. He pulls an off-road trailer with a RTT and just purchased a second for his rig. Clearly he swears by them for the reasons stated by some here. I on the other hand while giving serious thought to one have decided against it. My reason is that I think it would lock me into a location once set up and I prefer more flexibility in terms of how much my camp is tethered to my rig. With a ground tent I'm able to hit the trails at night if so inclined without disturbing my camp. That's how I like to manage it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
They do make "spider legs" for the rtt's, so there is no restriction when setting up camp & going exploring...google it , & I believe CVT tents came out with the original concept..food for thought...

Journeyman

They do make "spider legs" for the rtt's, so there is no restriction when setting up camp & going exploring...google it , & I believe CVT tents came out with the original concept..food for thought...

Almost sounds like you work for CVT with your copy and paste, with the same response on two different threads......just some food for thought.......

IgotaWoody39

Almost sounds like you work for CVT with your copy and paste, with the same response on two different threads......just some food for thought.......

Nope, but, yes i do have a rtt and was looking for an alternative to just being stuck at camp with a large object on my roof...I'm sorry if that I didnt change my wording for your royal highness, I'll try to remember that next time...try not to " over think " someone elses good intentions...just more " food " for your thoughtfulness

IgotaWoody39

I was planning on going with a RTT, just fits the style of traveling I do.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using WAYALIFE mobile app

,I have a small 2 man rtt that I paired with LOD 's sliding roof rack...great rack, but pairing it with a 100lb rtt was the wrong way to go...it weighed more than the rtt,,,as Eddie and others have said, watch your weight on top, ...fft

Last edited:

IgotaWoody39

Then, WHY, is there an option to " copy and paste " if were not allowed to use it...please Eddie remove this option so " others " won't be accused of being disloyal too WAL...with good intentions...

Last edited:

Journeyman

Nope, but, yes i do have a rtt and was looking for an alternative to just being stuck at camp with a large object on my roof...I'm sorry if that I didnt change my wording for your royal highness, I'll try to remember that next time...try not to " over think " someone elses good intentions...just more " food " for your thoughtfulness

Then, WHY, is there an option to " copy and paste " if were not allowed to use it...please Eddie remove this option so " others " won't be accused of being disloyal too WAL...with good intentions...

IMG_1320.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom