Rotating your Spare Tire in.

JK's JK

Banned
After thinking about it a little. I'm sure I'll have them rotated every other oil change??? Who knows. It only makes $2500 tires last longer right!!! :giveup:

Army_Vet

Banned
Agreed, but ...... "Ain't nobody got time for dat". Haha. Life is too short to be upset all the time. I try not to start stuff for that very reason, sorry if i did.

Naaa I didn't see it as that... It was all just conversation to me... No problems here..

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It may be excessive, but why be so bitter about what someone else sees as good PM.... Just doesn't make any sense to me, I don't know why anyone spends so much time being negative...

Get over yourself dude. If you really hate seeing what I write hit the fucking block button.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You guys have too much time on your hands to rotate every 2-3k miles. I do all 5 at every oil change or 8k miles.

Going to at least 37's next so no need to save the spare.

I do mine every 3k and just so it clears up everything I am always very busy but like any good jeeper I make time for proper maintenance. If you don't have time to take care of ur jeep maybe you shouldn't have one

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

How is proper maintenance a waist of money? Am I missing something?

So was mrmet's comment not a negative comment because he is your buddy? Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Army_Vet

Banned
Well yes it(mrmet1983) was.... You must have only been negative in self defence and I am being hard on you for no reason...... My apologies...

You would never be negative to somebody first; for no reason. You wouldn't openly admit that you do such things for your own amusment... You wouldn't be so famous for this that "Fresh Catch's" joke about it openly on here....

No thats not you; my deepest apologies Sir....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Well yes it(mrmet1983) was.... You must have only been negative in self defence and I am being hard on you for no reason...... My apologies...

You would never be negative to somebody first; for no reason. You wouldn't openly admit that you do such things for your own amusment... You wouldn't be so famous for this that "Fresh Catch's" joke about it openly on here....

No thats not you; my deepest apologies Sir....

Your full of yourself huh?

MTG

Caught the Bug
In a fit of irony, I'm going to get this thread back ON topic...

I do not rotate in my spare and I rotate them every 3000 miles or so. Actually, Discount Tire rotates them for me...for free. :thumb:

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
In a fit of irony, I'm going to get this thread back ON topic...

I do not rotate in my spare and I rotate them every 3000 miles or so. Actually, Discount Tires rotates them for me...for free. :thumb:

That's easy when you work 20 hours a week from home.

JAGS

Hooked
I rotate mine every 7325 miles. I also got an extra cheap spare off CL and so I rotate in two spares. Figured I'd get 65-70k miles out of my stock rubi tires and never need upgrades that way.

JKWrang

I rotate my tires every day. Twice a day.

Once after breakfast.
Once before bed.

And always brush your teeth every 3000 meals.

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
about time for me to rotate the 37s finally and I will be doing a 5 tire rotation like I did when I had the 35s. I know it wont look as good since the wheel is still new and has no rock rash lol, but rather get that extra 20% or whatever you get out of all the tires.

bl17z90

on a 4x4 vehicle you rotate driver rear to passenger front correct? What about when putting the spare in? Spare goes to passenger rear and driver front goes to the spare?

Guess it doesn't really matter whiche tire you replace for the spare as long as you do the same spot every time. :thinking:

miguel250r

Um I'm not disagreeing with u guys but my theory is keep the spare brand new so that u only have to buy 4 tires the next time instead of buying 5. rotating 5 tires will last u longer but it will cost u more money the next set.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkmadness

Um I'm not disagreeing with u guys but my theory is keep the spare brand new so that u only have to buy 4 tires the next time instead of buying 5. rotating 5 tires will last u longer but it will cost u more money the next set.

Your spare will rot over time, not used exposed to sunlight

Alan30

If you plan on keeping the exact tire and size, absolutely. But how many people do that, not many. Just a thought. And if you do keep the same tires, you use the best one of your old set as a spare, and you only buy 4 tires:twocents:

Top Bottom