Rough Country 3.25” lift kit questions & concerns

cangro408

You mentioned 35's and 37"s tires.
This system with the RS9000's is a SCREAMING deal.
But would be really tough to fit 37" tires on this system.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/su...-sport-system-rs9000xl-shocks-rs66109br9.html

On Kane Creek with a spacer in the rear too.

ForumRunner_20170415_230141_zps9tdcd3cz.jpeg

I also like our 3" SPORT system too. You can easily add to this down the road too.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/su...3-5-in-progressive-sport-system-rs66110b.html

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. :)
Matt

Hey matt thanks for the suggestion just curious when you say it can also accommodate 35s do you mean accommodate like i just need to get some flat fenders possibly a stubby bumper and it will be fine or something more than that also does the rancho kit you mentioned also level the ride with the spacers

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Rough Country 3.25” lift kit questions & concerns

what you guys think about this i selected the option with no shocks mostly because it doesn’t tell you which specific shocks you get but it has shock extensions what’s your guys take on using the extensions is it basically the same thing because i figure if i save up some more money later in life i can remove the extensions and buy some 2.5” shocks later on. View attachment 278690

See Rancho’s post. Can’t go wrong, there.
Edit: I see you have.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
2" on 35's stock flares :)
Also see below in BOLD

photo64_zpsff66185a.jpg

Hey matt thanks for the suggestion just curious when you say it can also accommodate 35s do you mean accommodate like i just need to get some flat fenders possibly a stubby bumper This would be nice but not really needed, as you can see in the above pic stock flres, but this guy stayed to "easier" trails and it will be fine or something more than that also does the rancho kit you mentioned also level the ride with the spacers He added the taller spacer in the rear because he carried a lot of stuff in the back. We designed this system to accommodate a aftermarket bumper/winch. It gets tricky on the "level".. Are you loaded and then throw a spacer in to sit level. Are you empty and sit level then sag a bit when loaded down... :icon_crazy:

cangro408

You mentioned 35's and 37"s tires.
This system with the RS9000's is a SCREAMING deal.
But would be really tough to fit 37" tires on this system.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/su...-sport-system-rs9000xl-shocks-rs66109br9.html

On Kane Creek with a spacer in the rear too, a 35" tire.

ForumRunner_20170415_230141_zps9tdcd3cz.jpeg

I also like our 3" SPORT system too. You can easily add to this down the road too.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/su...3-5-in-progressive-sport-system-rs66110b.html

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. :)
Matt

i would be open to running 33s in the near future but i already have 32s so it doesn’t make much sense to

cangro408

^this. I bought my jeep with a rough country 3.5 lift already installed and am unhappy with the ride. If I had to do it and you only want 2ish inch of lift I would do this kit. 2inch evo springs in the front and 1inch spacer in the back. Pair it with some good shocks like rancho 9000xl. Should be very budget friendly and give you want you are looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

got a question for you so i looked up those shocks and i like those over the rancho 5000 they look like a better shock but was wondering why they’re marked as 2.5 inch - 4 inch lift does it matter if i have these shocks matched with 2 inch or 2.5 inch coils and also do you know why you would have 2 inch spring in the front and 1 inch in the back is it possible to have 2 inche spacers all around instead?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
got a question for you so i looked up those shocks and i like those over the rancho 5000 they look like a better shock but was wondering why they’re marked as 2.5 inch - 4 inch lift does it matter if i have these shocks matched with 2 inch or 2.5 inch coils and also do you know why you would have 2 inch spring in the front and 1 inch in the back is it possible to have 2 inche spacers all around instead?

PM Rancho, or quote him here. He’ll respond.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Let me know what size system you have and can get you the correct PN's.
That is the easiest way to make sure it is right.
So on the updated 2" system we removed the different spacers. The spacers on the OLD system were used because of weight difference from a 2 to a 4 door.

On a 2" SPORT we limit the travel up front a bit, because we don't want the Drive shaft to droop into the exhaust. Just added $$$$$

Last edited:
Top Bottom