Rough country to put 37's on my Pavement pounder?

LSX-Jeep

dont feel bad, i have a 2wd jku.
4 inch lift, bilstein shocks, steel braided brake lines, synergy tierod, draglink flit, drag link, ball joints, and a fox ats streering stabilizer. all for a non off road and 35's

May you post a pic of your jeep?

hhunter050

U upgrade that front axle any to support those 37s. I haven't gotten extended brake lines yet. Were ur stock ones stretching to there limit

Just some gussets. Have heard too many people say don't invest in your d30 so I havent. But $150 (gussets and installed) is one thing I do suggest.

dport_87

This is about what you will look like. This is exactly what you have listed. 3.5 RC, Flat fenders, stubby bumper, and 37s

Edit: this will get you where you need to go if you go offroading. You will hear some binding from the front driveshaft but if you don't wheel often it should be fine

Thanks. That's exactly the look I am wanting to go for. How's your on road ride and handling?

hhunter050

Thanks. That's exactly the look I am wanting to go for. How's your on road ride and handling?

It is what it is lol it's not terrible but it sure as hell ain't no Cadillac. Highway driving is when it starts to move around but what can you expect when you are that tall lol

hhunter050

I put sleeves in mine when I upgraded to 488. Might gusset once I get more serious about wheeling

You should gusset if you are wheeling or not. It will save your ball joints is one good point. The d30 feels alot sturdier with the gussets while running 37s

Edit: the break lines were about as close as you can get. Once I upgraded the front driveshaft I decided to get break lines because of the increase in flex

Last edited:

dport_87

It is what it is lol it's not terrible but it sure as hell ain't no Cadillac. Highway driving is when it starts to move around but what can you expect when you are that tall lol

I'm sure it's not bad compared to my last lifted off road machine. It was a 87 blazer on 44 inch boggers. What gears are you running with your 37s?

hhunter050

I'm sure it's not bad compared to my last lifted off road machine. It was a 87 blazer on 44 inch boggers. What gears are you running with your 37s?

3.73s...only because I'm getting tons and don't feel like spending $1k on regearing if I'm bout to ditch these axles. And yeah I'm sure it will drive like a Cadillac compared to that Blazer😂

3.73s...only because I'm getting tons and don't feel like spending $1k on regearing if I'm bout to ditch these axles. And yeah I'm sure it will drive like a Cadillac compared to that Blazer😂

37's with 3.73 man that must be a bitch to try and pass people or do you just avoid passing ?lol

hhunter050

37's with 3.73 man that must be a bitch to try and pass people or do you just avoid passing ?lol

Lol it's definitely a bitch to get going but once you get up to 65 it's actually quite easy to find yourself at 80 with no problems. I usually just floor it to pass people. I have a cold air intake that definitely adds on the top side so it ain't too bad

BertaNation

You should gusset if you are wheeling or not. It will save your ball joints is one good point. The d30 feels alot sturdier with the gussets while running 37s

Edit: the break lines were about as close as you can get. Once I upgraded the front driveshaft I decided to get break lines because of the increase in flex

I am only running 35s for now. I might upgrade to 37s later. Ur flex increased after the front driveshaft swap?

BlackHawk08jk

I'm running a 4" rough country lift and I love it for on and off road. I haven't had any trouble with mine, and it has a pretty good ride as well.

Top Bottom