Round 2 JKUR Build

ncbmx64

JKUR Build

This will be my 2nd Jeep first one was a 2012 JKU Sahara and loved it but it was plagued with problems so I sold it and stayed away from Jeeps for the last 3 years. Always wanted another Jeep but was reluctant to buy another one since my first one had so many issues. But I decided to give it another shot and purchased a 2015 JKUR with pretty much every option. I have big plans for her but it will be slow process since I'm not made of money but looking forward to the fun of building her up.

So far this is my build plan

Plastidip wheels (complete)
Trucklite headlights (complete)
Aux led lights (complete)
Recovery straps/gear
CB radio
EVO 1/4 pounder front bumper with stinger
Winch (thinking warn power plant but still researching)
EVO bolt on coil overs
ATX slabs with 37" Nitto trail grapplers
EVO rock sliders
EVO skids
EVO tire carrier

Like I said this will be a slow process and plans may change as my wants and needs may change down the road but this is my initial thoughts on what I would like to do. Any advice and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ncbmx64

Just ordered a Cobra 29 lx cb radio, 3' firestik II, EVO antenna mount, Rugged Ridge cb mount, QD antenna mount, and cable. Can't wait to get it here and get it installed.

ncbmx64

Just got tracking info for all my CB parts and pieces looks like half of it will be here Friday and the rest will show up Monday. Was hoping to get it installed this weekend but guess I'l' have to wait until next week.

ncbmx64

Thinking about picking up a EVO leveling kit and doing a fender chop to run 35's while I save up for coil overs. Looks like if you chop the fenders 35's fit no problem so it would be a pretty inexpensive way to run 35's. Anyone running this set up that can give pros and cons. Also anyone in the Raleigh NC area want to help with a fender chop Im not sure I want to try this myself I have no talent for things like this I would end up cutting a crooked line and all 4 fenders wouldnt match at all ahaha

uberc4

Congrats on the purchase! If you can manage it, I would just wait and save your money a little longer for the bolt-ons. You can stage out the bolt-on kit making it a little more attainable. I looked at doing the same thing with the leveling kit and 35s, but ended up deciding against it seeing how it would take funds away from my end goal. Whatever you decide, look forward to seeing your build come together! :thumb:

ncbmx64

Congrats on the purchase! If you can manage it, I would just wait and save your money a little longer for the bolt-ons. You can stage out the bolt-on kit making it a little more attainable. I looked at doing the same thing with the leveling kit and 35s, but ended up deciding against it seeing how it would take funds away from my end goal. Whatever you decide, look forward to seeing your build come together! :thumb:

Yeah that is my debate save up for the coil overs or go ahead and get a little lift now looks like the EVO leveling kit is a little over 200 so wouldn't break the bank too much but I will still be spending money on it just to replace it in the future.

ncbmx64

Got the CB,mount and coax cable yesterday. Install went pretty easy following the write up wayalife did. Had to run the coax cable differently though I ran it up with the roll bar. Antenna, QD mount, and antenna tailgate mount should be here Monday so hopefully I can get them installed soon and I can figure how to tune it and get all set up. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452379242.946480.jpg

Last edited:

ncbmx64

Ran the coax cable through the tailgate 3rd brake light plug like the wayalife write up have a question how do I get the plug back in with the coax cable. Do I need to cut a slit in the rubber? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452379335.789807.jpg

ncbmx64

Got bored and was searching on some vendor sites for parts and to get ideas. Came across the Dynomax Evolution Competition cat back exhaust. I know its not a needed mod right now but pulled the trigger and ordered it anyway. Wanted a little exhaust noise had a Scat Pack Challenger for a little while and loved hearing the exhaust and the Jeep is just a little to quite for me. Hopefully it will get here early next week so I can get installed before my trip to Maryland next weekend.

Top Bottom