Rubbing

sastocky

Checked my previous rubbing issue after adding 1.5” wheel spacers. Now my rear tires are rubbing the fender liners. Same rubbing at front inner tire at full turn.

Roughly trimmed rear seams. No problem there but I need to cut back my Rubi rock rails a little further.

I have an AEV 3.5” lift that can easily be bumped up to the 4.5” by changing out the springs and bolt placement. I was trying to keep it as low as possible.

Thoughts? Should I ditch the Aeries fender liners? Looking for experience.

7A13A0E7-C9EE-467B-B763-89CEE6098688.jpeg D1C5CABA-E495-445D-A09C-19AEEB58DF8B.jpeg C4AF7905-6222-45B6-A60E-4F3ECE0BD91D.jpeg 20D2BA0D-3910-4DC3-94ED-2DEF2EF8AB4B.jpeg

JT@623

Hooked
I think you could cut that corner out weld a flat patch in . If you don’t get in the mud you could probably ditch them but that exposes some stuff to sticks rocks etc.

jeeeep

Hooked
you find that pretty much everything "bolt-on" will require some modification.

personally, I wouldn't go with taller springs as they affect the rest of the suspension.

IMO it would be easier to trim the fender liners and rail.

sastocky

you find that pretty much everything "bolt-on" will require some modification.

personally, I wouldn't go with taller springs as they affect the rest of the suspension.

IMO it would be easier to trim the fender liners and rail.
I’ll see if I can modify them. They are aluminum so I’ll have to get out the spool gun. Tried to do my homework before buying.
The only reason I said I could add taller springs is that my lift kit manufacturer, AEV, has taller springs that work with the kit. There a few bolts that get adjusted and that is it but I would like to keep my lowest center of gravity.

Top Bottom