Rubicon Axle and Swaybar Removal

BaddestCross

I try and find it. So what gives you more flexibility with the Stock Rubi Disconnects.

EVO no limits, quick sway disconnects, or anti rocks?
The Rubi disconnect is fully disconnected, so basically there's nothing there. The No-Limits disconnects the Rubi bar manually, and quick disconnects same but more fucking around to reconnect. The Anti-Rock is always there restricting the flex.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Slimebones

I too just recently removed my front Antirock setup and installed stock Rubicon sway bar. Was a great move. Handling in curves and corners much better and do not notice any difference off road.

ThatJeepGuy

I had Anti Rocks on the front of two jeeps...I have since removed them both...you need to constantly check the retaining bolt that clamps the splined section on the sway bar...I eventually wore through the splines on the arms...
Once the splines are allowed to start wearing (due to the bolt not being tight enough) they will continue to wear no matter how tight you then tighten that bolt. Arms just rock back and forth on the shaft, wearing them further.

From my understanding and experience that’s more of an issue with the aluminum arms than the steel arms

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bhaner

Not sure if this will be helpful to anyone else... But I found a solution to the issue I was trying to solve.

I have an "Autoenginuity" scan tool that has the ability to change quite a few settings in the computers. The problem is finding what you want to change in all the menus!

Without having the swaybar connected I had a flashing "Sway bar" light on the dash all the time.

Here are the items I wanted to change and where they were located in the menu.

Rubicon Sway bar Disable/Enable

TIPM Module Configuration\Programmed ECUs P / T Chasis Network\ASBS

"Set" to enable, "Not Set" to disable.

Rubicon Axle Locker Disable/Enable

TIPM Module Configuration\Vehicle Config 3\Axle Locker Type

Options are:
Front and Rear
None
Not Programmed
Rear Only

I set it to "None".

Axle Ratio change

TIPM Module Configuration\Vehicle Config 3\Axle Ratio

You can enter data anywhere from 0 to 65.53.

This scan tool also has the ability to bleed the ABS system and set the tire size. That came in handy!

Top Bottom