Rubicon Trail June 27 & 28, 2014

Livin4Today

Hey any locals to the Rubicon,

Mandi & I along with some members of our club The Peak Putters (http://www.PeakPutters.com) are planning a trip to the Rubicon June 26-29, 2014.

The plan is loosely;
June 26: Travel Day From WA
June 27-28: Wheeling The Rubicon
June 29: Travel Day Back to WA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
A quote from Old Green, one of our members who ran it with 3 other rigs last year...

"This is a "GO".

Please make your plans. We will leave from Robertos at 4AM on 6/26. First stop is Starbucks in Lagrande, so be READY (burrito already IN. . .fuel, etc. . . . An advance party may leave in the afternoon of 6/25 and catch a hotel in Bend. But. . .the caravan will reform there and cruise 97 to I5 in Weed, then on to Sacramento with lunch at IN N Out in Redding (we are not barbarians here), then Placerville and on to the IceHouse for the tow pig crew. I think they charge $7 a day to watch your junk. Plan to set up camp up the road from there, tacos and a nap. . .If we are there early enough, we'll grab a coldie at that little bar that Toby and Danny went to.

Trail by 9AM on 6/27. We will break into groups of no more than 4 and no less than 2 rigs. It is likely that we will all stay together but it will take WAY too long to get to Rubicon Springs if we have 10 rigs all trying to stay together at each obstacle. We'll put up a list of what to bring/do's and don'ts etc later. . .

Rubicon Springs Campground charges $15/rig. Bring cash!! It is the best $15 you'll spend all weekend. That place is a paradise.

On 6/28 we'll scale Cadillac hill and then roll on out to S. Lake Tahoe. I'll put up the hotel info there. Trust me on this: YOU WANT A ROOM. A real shower, a pizza and 22 beers will be a welcome surprise.

on 6/29, the plan is to run highway 50 back to the Icehouse Road. Tow piggies will go collect their junk while the rest of the crew heads to breakfast in Placerville while waiting for them to regroup. One more In N Out urge in Redding, back over Shasta and on to home sweet home.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mandi & I would love it if one or more of you locals familiar with the trail would join us, as the club is already talking about breaking into groups. We figured it would be us in our JKU, Troy JKU, our buddy (& fab guy) Bryan in his TJ and maybe an older gent Danny in a YJ (went last year).

We know Wayalife was able to meet up with the Canadians that came down a few years back and lead them through (LOVED the video), and was hoping we might catch them free to go with us. Unfortunately they are not available, so we're tossing it out here to see if we gain some new friends as well as a possible trail guide.

Looking forward to all responses.

Lance & Mandi:thankyou:

Krieger

My wife and I are going to be in Tahoe that whole week. I kinda wanted to run it during the week but a nice group to wheel with would be better. I've only ran a small portion of the trail so I won't be much help on knowing the area.

Livin4Today

My wife and I are going to be in Tahoe that whole week. I kinda wanted to run it during the week but a nice group to wheel with would be better. I've only ran a small portion of the trail so I won't be much help on knowing the area.

Well if we get Danny, he'll know the route... Maybe more will chime in...:thumb:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I am subscribing as it is going to be a rough time for me to do much in June (first son will be born late May early June). I am going to try to have 35's by then anyways but other than that I only have a leveling kit and no winch or anything. If y'all would have me along I am a maybe! I need to check in with a couple others as I was in talks about a Rubicon trip shortly after your planned trip.

Livin4Today

I am subscribing as it is going to be a rough time for me to do much in June (first son will be born late May early June). I am going to try to have 35's by then anyways but other than that I only have a leveling kit and no winch or anything. If y'all would have me along I am a maybe! I need to check in with a couple others as I was in talks about a Rubicon trip shortly after your planned trip.

Noticed you signed on to the earlier trip with Eddie & Cindy, are you planning on both or are you betting on just one? Either way is good for us. We just figured we might make some new friends while down there and not sure how many rigs we'll have as yet. It's looking like about 10.

Let us know...

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Noticed you signed on to the earlier trip with Eddie & Cindy, are you planning on both or are you betting on just one? Either way is good for us. We just figured we might make some new friends while down there and not sure how many rigs we'll have as yet. It's looking like about 10.

Let us know...

All my eggs are in the basket for the earlier trip. When I first posted here I was waiting to hear about the dates from Eddie. I'll keep an eye out and hopefully be able to join y'all in another trip down the line! Always fun meeting new folks! Have a good time and be safe.

ak49

What days were you looking to go during the week? I could do either the Rubicon trail, Moab, or both from June 23rd to June 27th

Krieger

What days were you looking to go during the week? I could do either the Rubicon trail, Moab, or both from June 23rd to June 27th

I'm actually showing up earlier so I'll be running it with the Wayalife group.

JK_Epidimick

I am local but never have made the trail yet so not much help. But I would like to go. I am sure most of the ones that missed the wal trip would be happy to go. Right now put me as a def maybe
(leave pending).

Livin4Today

Gotcha as a DM (definite mebbe)!!!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 5.5" RK lift, 37s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Bilsteins, etc. www.Livin4Today.com

wetfootnw

Still planning this trip? I'd be interested in joining if there is a spot open. I'd be coming from the Seattle area.

Livin4Today

Absolutely still on, we're leaving the Tri-Cities, WA early on the 26th and should arrive in the Georgetown area that evening. Come on along wetfootnw

Lance & Mandi -
(USAF & USN Vets)
iPhone WAYALIFE mobile app

Building a capable off roader is easy, building a street legal one that you can wheel and then drive daily is the challenge...

2007 JKU, 5.5" RK lift, 37s, ARBs, 5.38s, Headers, Bilsteins, etc. www.Livin4Today.com

wetfootnw

Absolutely still on, we're leaving the Tri-Cities, WA early on the 26th and should arrive in the Georgetown area that evening. Come on along wetfootnw

Lance & Mandi -
(USAF & USN Vets)
iPhone WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a friend in Pasco I would stay with the night before and roll out with you all. I am 90%. Let me find a co-driver and get the time off request in.

Thanks,
John

wetfootnw

Lance,
I can confirm I am in. I have the time scheduled off and have a co-pilot. What are the hotels you all are staying at so I can get those booked?

Livin4Today

Lance,
I can confirm I am in. I have the time scheduled off and have a co-pilot. What are the hotels you all are staying at so I can get those booked?

No hotels mentioned as yet... We leave Kennewick, WA Early the 26th and drive 700 +/- miles to Icehouse/Uncle Tom's Cabin (bar) and they were talking about camping just up the road from there, although we (Mandi & I) are planning to sleep in our Motorhome at the Icehouse parking area... I'm asking the nuts that went last year to get a firm answer. Will pass on as soon as I know.

Livin4Today

Hey! I just saw this thread, is there still room for 1 more rig? i'd love to get out on the rubicon!

UC Rubi,

I'm uncertain how to answer thus far. Your profile is lacking any and all information about you and your rig which would help us understand you & your rigs capabilities. Please tell us about both so we can assess.

Not meaning to offend, but if you've read any of the other run ups to this trail, there are some vehicle requirements, as well as driver abilities (experience) necessary to complete this particular trail. The idea is that while we want to share our experiences with others, we also have a tight schedule, so spending a lot of time on any given obstacle educating can draw on peoples good moods. Just trying to avoid any drama,understand?

So please Pics of your rig, specs as well and tell us your experience in Jeeping...:big_boss:

Top Bottom