Let's Pick A Date

• Saturday June 9th , 2018

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Saturday August 4, 2018

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Brute

Hooked
My Jeep is fixed...I will still be able to run Fordyce on Friday, so the trip is not a total loss...

Attachments

• IMG_3218.jpg
    IMG_3218.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 111

WJCO

Meme King
My Jeep is fixed...I will still be able to run Fordyce on Friday, so the trip is not a total loss...

Did they have any idea what caused that? That wire looks large enough for a simple fuel pump circuit. Curious why it burned and melted. Glad you're able to still have some Jeep fun though.

Brute

Hooked
Did they have any idea what caused that? That wire looks large enough for a simple fuel pump circuit. Curious why it burned and melted. Glad you're able to still have some Jeep fun though.

Tech thinks there should have been two fuses, one for each relay, due to current draw and that the ambient temps in the engine bay probably lowered the resistance of the wire

fiend

Caught the Bug
Tech thinks there should have been two fuses, one for each relay, due to current draw and that the ambient temps in the engine bay probably lowered the resistance of the wire

So we were right about it being a fuse. I’m sorry we couldn’t fix it to get you on the Rubicon with us. But I’m happy to hear you’re back on track for Fordyce.

PS, the ham was delicious. Thanks for that.

A.J.

What a great time! Very grateful to Ed for stepping up and keeping this trip going. We were all so bummed when you couldn’t come. Rubicon definitely lived up to the hype for me. Going to be an annual event I hope. Thanks for the memories everyone. Lots of pics to come, but they are all on my wife’s phone. Great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
What I failed to mention earlier was that Eddie called the Jeep dealership in Carson City about my dilemma and when I had it towed there, they fixed it the very next day...even though they were booked out a full week.

Thanks Eddie, and thank you and Cindy for the great company at dinner that night.

Andy5160

Hooked
What I failed to mention earlier was that Eddie called the Jeep dealership in Carson City about my dilemma and when I had it towed there, they fixed it the very next day...even though they were booked out a full week.

Thanks Eddie, and thank you and Cindy for the great company at dinner that night.

This is awesome. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked

You know what they say, When life gives you lemons...

Eddie and Cindy are some of the most hospitable people I know. Doesn't matter where they are. Glad they were able to help you out too.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ruvicon

So, our Rubicon trip was a great success on the trail and camping this past Monday thru Wednesday. Only real negative was Daniel not being able to attend, then Ed’s JK6 fuel pump issue which didn’t allow him to participate either, but we appreciate his coordination to pull the trip off, thanks Ed (Brute). We told some tall stories including hamsters and rockets plus had a great Taco Tuesday dinner thinks to Greer and Dave!! And a bear visit to camp at Rubicon Springs Tuesday night kept things exciting.

Here’s a few highlights from the trip.

A group photo at the entrance of the trail:
IMG_5669.JPG Left to right: Vic (Ruvicon), Tom (TDN333), Stephanie, AJ (A.J.), Jim (Astroman), Ben, Shawn, Greer (Fiend), Dave, Christie, Cleo, & Phil (Buster3479)

Group Jeep photo on the slab near the starting point:
IMG_5688.JPG

Camp location at Buck Island Lake:
IMG_5722.JPG

Sunset at Buck Island Lake:
IMG_5728.JPG

Rubicon Bridge:
IMG_5738.JPG

Camp location at Rubicon Springs:
Image1533949528.644559.jpg

Final Jeep group photo near the end of the run:
IMG_5787.JPG