Rubicon transfer case swap questions 2012 Manual Trans

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Its for sure going to be a great addition my old Rubi crawled amazing i kinda miss it haha i am slightly torn about my 3.21s though it might have been better served to spend the money on gears and not the T case but throwing money at a D30 i plan on replacing later and of course wanting lockers when i do gears it would have opened a bigger can of worms. Hopefully i can get the T case installed in a week or 2 and go test it out, it will at least help out my lo ratio :thumb:

Let me know when you're ready to test it out or if you need a hand with the swap. My wife and me swapped mine out in our driveway. Hardest part is tight access to bolts on top of case.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Finally updating this thread,
so i got the swap completed, did it solo in my garage, i for sure needed stubby wrenches to do it but no other special tools, and i did not take out the transmission cross member I can see how it would help though (seemed like more of a pain than just working around it). and when i tested it out in Low range i had no issues at all so there is conformation that if you have a manual transmission you DO NOT need a programmer. I do not have conformation if a 07-11 Tcase will fit in a 12+ manual though the one i found was out of a 13'

JKbrick

Finally updating this thread,
so i got the swap completed, did it solo in my garage, i for sure needed stubby wrenches to do it but no other special tools, and i did not take out the transmission cross member I can see how it would help though (seemed like more of a pain than just working around it). and when i tested it out in Low range i had no issues at all so there is conformation that if you have a manual transmission you DO NOT need a programmer. I do not have conformation if a 07-11 Tcase will fit in a 12+ manual though the one i found was out of a 13'

Glad you found one and got it in ok

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom