Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

ridg3runner, here are two in the Pollock Pines area (which is the closest town to the Loon Lake trail head). I don't think they are anything fancy, but I'm sure it's a decent place to rest your head that night before :)
Westhaven Inn Pollock Pines

$90

per night

2-star hotel

Free breakfast · Free WiFi · Free parking

Best Western Stagecoach Inn

Western style - 10 min to lake.

$129

per night

3-star hotel

Outdoor pool · Free breakfast · Free WiFi

Are either of these the ones I keep seeing in the pics from the WAL rocking Rubicon run?

ridg3runner, here are two in the Pollock Pines area (which is the closest town to the Loon Lake trail head). I don't think they are anything fancy, but I'm sure it's a decent place to rest your head that night before :)
Westhaven Inn Pollock Pines

$90

per night

2-star hotel

Free breakfast · Free WiFi · Free parking

Best Western Stagecoach Inn

Western style - 10 min to lake.

$129

per night

3-star hotel

Outdoor pool · Free breakfast · Free WiFi

Your like a personal travel agent! :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

No offense to anyone, but I'm leaning towards the Super 8 simply for the higher odds of availability. Plus, unless there's a gas station closer to the trailhead that isn't going to charge me my first born, this could be the best place to top off, grab a few munchies and water a tree or two.

No offense to anyone, but I'm leaning towards the Super 8 simply for the higher odds of availability. Plus, unless there's a gas station closer to the trailhead that isn't going to charge me my first born, this could be the best place to top off, grab a few munchies and water a tree or two.

That's just being smart!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

No worries :) Pollock Pines is just closer to my side of the world :) So that's where my thought goes to. We're driving up early Friday morning since we're only a couple hours away.

Really want to go!! But being so new with off-roading, I need to do more easy trails first to get my feet wet before challenging the legendary Rubicon trail.

Plus, will feel bad to slow everyone down. Wish you guys a fun/safe trip, and nothing breaks!

Really want to go!! But being so new with off-roading, I need to do more easy trails first to get my feet wet before challenging the legendary Rubicon trail.

Plus, will feel bad to slow everyone down. Wish you guys a fun/safe trip, and nothing breaks!

You are more than welcome to tag along with us and you won't slow us down. There are by-passes and several good spotters if you change your mind! :thumb:

You are more then welcome to join us. You won't slow us down. We are in no hurry anyway. 2 nights camping gives us plenty of time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Here are some more details for the trip:

We will be meeting up at Loon Lake trailhead on Friday October 3rd at 9am. I may be there Thursday night with the kiddos. The plan is to camp 2 nights on the trail, hopefully night one at buck island lake and night two at rubicon springs. On Sunday the 5th we will exit through Cadillac Hill and out the Tahoe side.

Vehicle Requirements:

-35"+ tires - please talk with (2013RubiRick or Crippledpetey for exceptions)
-Rear locker a MUST
-Front locker greatly appreciated :cheesy:
-Winch is a plus!
-Tow points front and rear
-Rocker guards
-Recovery gear
-Full size spare
-CB radio (highly recommended)
-Fire extinguisher
-Spill kit

Trail Requirements:

-Camping gear
-Food and water for you and your clan
-WAG bags
-Appropriate clothing for the conditions (it may be warm, cold or wet)
-Trash bags...you haul out what you haul in
-Firewood - the fire ban should be lifted by then
-$15 per night per vehicle for Rubicon Springs camping

This is going to be a great time and is family friendly. Kids are welcome and encouraged! The last thing is a great attitude. We all love to have fun and enjoy everyone's company so don't be "that guy". We will not be limiting obstacles or routes so if you feel you don't want to run a specific spot just speak up and we will help ya around or the opposite if you want to play around on an obstacle let us know we will hang out and watch :yup: We should be able to move through the trail at a good pace so no need to rush.

Hope this answers any questions you may have. If not just ask away! Thanks everyone!!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Here are some more details for the trip:

We will be meeting up at Loon Lake trailhead on Friday October 3rd at 9am. I may be there Thursday night with the kiddos. The plan is to camp 2 nights on the trail, hopefully night one at buck island lake and night two at rubicon springs. On Sunday the 5th we will exit through Cadillac Hill and out the Tahoe side.

Vehicle Requirements:

-35" tires - please talk with (2013RubiRick or Crippledpetey for exceptions)
-Rear locker a MUST
-Front locker greatly appreciated :cheesy:
-Winch is a plus!
-Tow points front and rear
-Rocker guards
-Recovery gear
-Full size spare
-CB radio (highly recommended)
-Fire extinguisher
-Spill kit

Trail Requirements:

-Camping gear
-Food and water for you and your clan
-WAG bags
-Appropriate clothing for the conditions (it may be warm, cold or wet)
-Trash bags...you haul out what you haul in
-Firewood - the fire ban should be lifted by then
-$15 per night per vehicle for Rubicon Springs camping

This is going to be a great time and is family friendly. Kids are welcome and encouraged! The last thing is a great attitude. We all love to have fun and enjoy everyone's company so don't be "that guy". We will not be limiting obstacles or routes so if you feel you don't want to run a specific spot just speak up and we will help ya around or the opposite if you want to play around on an obstacle let us know we will hang out and watch :yup: We should be able to move through the trail at a good pace so no need to rush.

Hope this answers any questions you may have. If not just ask away! Thanks everyone!!! :cheers:

Bummer, I don't have 35" tires.

Top Bottom