Rugged Ridge Billet Aluminum Hood Latches Install

Hack12

Looking very badass! :thumb:

Your hood will never flutter again!

You might want to glue down the little rubber hood bumper before long. One of mine eventually came off and I lost it. :doh:

Good call. That little guy didn't seem to fit on there tightly enough.

UNLIMITED_FUN

Mine have been sitting here all week waiting for me to install, and I happened across this thread.

THX! I appreciate the tool size and advice.

That's a great look on your jeep.

UNLIMITED_FUN

You might want to glue down the little rubber hood bumper before long. One of mine eventually came off and I lost it. :doh:

I keep looking at this, but the exact thing you mention isn't clear to me. What needs to be glued down?

Thx again for your help, I'm a former East TX resident myself.

BdugJK

So the third day I had my JK I passed a semi and the pucker factor took hold when the hood lifted a bit. Where did you get those from?

Serg5000

There is a small piece of rubber that attaches to the bottom part of the latch. It's a buffer that keeps the hood from rubbing metal to metal. Pic in a few minutes.
ry7aze7u.jpg
u2e6ery8.jpg

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
So the third day I had my JK I passed a semi and the pucker factor took hold when the hood lifted a bit. Where did you get those from?

You can find them at almost any online shop. Might be able to get them from Trail Jeeps or Northridge.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

BdugJK

Right on didn't know if one brand was better than another. You get what you pay for so I'll check around. Thanks!

UNLIMITED_FUN

I finally put mine on today, it was more of a pita than I thought it would be, but done.

They seem very solid, haven't driven with them yet.

Last edited:

TexasJC

Got mine on a few weekends ago, and was glad my wife was around. Would have had a harder time with my hands

cyberil

Has anyone else had problems with the paint coming off?

Mine have been on just over a year and this is what they look like. I have written to RR and they told me to contact Quadratec, which I've just done. Not sure how long the warranty is for?

Paul

photo 1.JPG

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Has anyone found a place to buy just the little rubber bumper that keeps the hood and fender from rubbing together? I found a part number but haven't been able to find the actual rubber piece sold separately without the OEM hood latch. Part number is 55000973AA.

I guess I can call the stealership.

Beyrgut

Has anyone found a place to buy just the little rubber bumper that keeps the hood and fender from rubbing together? I found a part number but haven't been able to find the actual rubber piece sold separately without the OEM hood latch. Part number is 55000973AA.

I guess I can call the stealership.

Have you checked the local scrap yards, they probably would just give it to you.

CharlieK

Has anyone else had problems with the paint coming off?

Mine have been on just over a year and this is what they look like. I have written to RR and they told me to contact Quadratec, which I've just done. Not sure how long the warranty is for?

Paul

View attachment 91342

This was one of the very first mods I did to my jeep. I have had my on for about 18 months, hope you get issued resolved.

Top Bottom