Running without a spare

Brute

Hooked
I've thought about this quite a bit...and have decided to carry a spare. In my Brute, I have a 37x13.50R17 and have gotten it out and back into the bed by myself several times...and I'm no spring chicken. In the JK6, I have a 39x13.50R17 and did one practice run pulling off the spare and putting it back...it was no fun, and used a rope to prevent it from running away when I pulled it off...it would have been much easier with two people. I also carry an arb tire patch kit in all three of my jeeps, and unless it's a big sidewall gash, would try a repair first before going with the spare

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Maybe something of a rear hitch reciver?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm thinking of mounting it on top of my rack above the tire...getting it down is not nearly as hard as getting it up. The last time I did it, I heaved it up with the tread on my chest to the side of the rack trying to use my legs as much as possible...but the rig is pretty high, so I had to roll it a bit using my chest and arms...no fun at all...and this was in my driveway at sea level without doing anything strenuous prior (like driving on the trail for a couple hours at 7000 feet then changing a tire)

I'm thinking of mounting it on top of my rack above the tire...getting it down is not nearly as hard as getting it up. The last time I did it, I heaved it up with the tread on my chest to the side of the rack trying to use my legs as much as possible...but the rig is pretty high, so I had to roll it a bit using my chest and arms...no fun at all...and this was in my driveway at sea level without doing anything strenuous prior (like driving on the trail for a couple hours at 7000 feet then changing a tire)

There is a tire carrier that hinges down and has a winch to help lift it back into position. I don't know anything about this bumper or company other than I thought it seemed like a kinda neat idea.

http://www.olympic4x4products.com/J...ectional-Tire-Swing-for-Jeep-Wrangler-JK.html

Top Bottom