Rust removing solutions?

Azzy5779

Hey, (this is my first post so sorry if it's Vauge) but I just picked up an inca gold pearl 03' Tj and have the front end under the jeep showing some surface rust. Does anyone know any special sort of long lasting, rust removing and and rust protecting spray paint for my problem? Thanks. Sorry if this is poorly worded, ask me if you would like something reworded.

Here are some pics:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456868943.211333.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456868962.910646.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456806628.348833.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456806628.348833.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 158
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456806671.517783.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456806671.517783.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Azzy5779

Yeah, It just started snowing out, I'll put more pics up then when I have some light. I put the pictures I had, thanks.

akershner

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's advice too, 2012 JKU Sport on MN roads and would like to climb under to clean it up when it gets a bit warmer....

Armydog

Welcome

Nice Jeep, sorry about the cancer. POR15 works but I try to sand off the cancer (rust) down to metal, primer it and repaint - so far I've only had the issue in areas where I used bedliner or flat black paint from a rattle can. might not work if your rust is on a painted body panel.... .02 free...:beer:

Azzy5779

Nice Jeep, sorry about the cancer. POR15 works but I try to sand off the cancer (rust) down to metal, primer it and repaint - so far I've only had the issue in areas where I used bedliner or flat black paint from a rattle can. might not work if your rust is on a painted body panel.... .02 free...:beer:

No, it is only on the armor and axles and stuff like that. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely consider it.

WW_Svi

I've used POR 15 with good luck, the only trick is POR 15 doesn't stick well to smooth surfaces, it works best with rough/scratched surfaces. You can paint over the rust, hence the name, but you need to neutralize the rust first with a phosphoric acid. POR sells a neutralizer that doesn't leave a residue but you can use any phos. Cleaner so long as you clean the residue. The regular POR is UV sensitive so you need to use their special version that is UV ok or look up how to paint it if it will be in the sunlight.

Top Bottom