RV towing jeep with non OEM bumper question

whispike

Hey everyone, looking to tow my JKU behind my rv. I have poison Spyder brawler lite front bumper with skid. Is anyone towing their jeep with aftermarket bumpers, and if so how are you doing it?

I tow mine with this exact same bumper you have but with the Currie tow plate attached to it. The tabs on the tow plate match perfectly with my Blue Ox tow bar. Couldn't be happier with this setup.

Dirtguy

I just made up some ends to replace the ones that came on the blue ox, new ones just attach to the d rings mounts with big pins

Kpalas

I tow mine with this exact same bumper you have but with the Currie tow plate attached to it. The tabs on the tow plate match perfectly with my Blue Ox tow bar. Couldn't be happier with this setup.

Could you post some pics please?

Kpalas

Thanks again for the info. Having those tabs welded to the bumper, to me is no different than using the d ring mounts already there. Those mounts look pretty stout, and I know others have said that's what they use. I called Poision Spyder to confirm, but they said they weren't rated for towing. I think he just said that for liability reasons.

whispike

Thanks again for the info. Having those tabs welded to the bumper, to me is no different than using the d ring mounts already there. Those mounts look pretty stout, and I know others have said that's what they use. I called Poision Spyder to confirm, but they said they weren't rated for towing. I think he just said that for liability reasons.

Yeah I was originally going to use those tabs but the way they are angled upwards put them way higher than the receiver on my RV so I couldn't go that route, but maybe the receiver on your RV would line up better. Even with a 12 inch riser I would have still been higher on the Jeep side and you really want to be as level as possible.

Kpalas

Yeah I was originally going to use those tabs but the way they are angled upwards put them way higher than the receiver on my RV so I couldn't go that route, but maybe the receiver on your RV would line up better. Even with a 12 inch riser I would have still been higher on the Jeep side and you really want to be as level as possible.

Yes, I see what you mean.

Top Bottom