Sad day for the Jeep

Andy5160

Hooked
Isn’t it retarded when you get screwed while less people should be driving???
I am glad you and yours are ok and hope you will beck in the Jeep at no time [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Glad you’re ok, OP. I dealt with this last June. Sounds like my damage was less significant. They bent my frame back 3/4 of an inch and I’ve had no problems. Sounds like they’ll probably replace yours. The Jeeplessness was tough for me. Ended out doing a lot of mountain biking for a couple months. Good luck.🤙

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Exodus 4x4

DAMNITTT!!! I just fixed that Jeep!!
Man I’m sorry to hear about that bro, at least you guys are ok. Let me know if you need anything.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Sorry to hear that, glad everyone is ok though.

Guy I work with was hit by a box truck a couple weeks ago, they are replacing his frame and fixing the rest.

So hopefully they will save yours!

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
glad all are well.

I had similar on accident with my JK, hit from the side, shoved the axle out to one side ben, bent the frame.

I thought it would get totaled because of the bent frame but they were able to straighten it out and been wheeling it since with no issues.

Start putting together a list and costs (receipts if you have them) of damaged aftermarket parts for the insurance company.

Good luck, hope it all works out well

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
DAMNITTT!!! I just fixed that Jeep!!
Man I’m sorry to hear about that bro, at least you guys are ok. Let me know if you need anything.

And it’s been beautiful to drive since! That was the real bummer though, after 3 months I FINALLY decide to get it fixed and then this happens. Cierra and I had literally just put my harnesses and radios back in 5 minutes before this.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Man I so glad everyone was ok!! Jeeps can be rebuilt but love ones can not.

Thanks, Jake. At first I was pissed, but after a few minutes I realized the Jeep isn’t what matters. My girl and I were okay and that’s what I care most about.

Sorry to hear that, glad everyone is ok though.

Guy I work with was hit by a box truck a couple weeks ago, they are replacing his frame and fixing the rest.

So hopefully they will save yours!

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hopefully that’s the route we go and get to keep the Jeep around

glad all are well.

I had similar on accident with my JK, hit from the side, shoved the axle out to one side ben, bent the frame.

I thought it would get totaled because of the bent frame but they were able to straighten it out and been wheeling it since with no issues.

Start putting together a list and costs (receipts if you have them) of damaged aftermarket parts for the insurance company.

Good luck, hope it all works out well

Good thought, I’ll have to dig up some receipts. Being a 3.8 and the values tanking on these is my biggest worry on being totaled.

Oh no! I am glad you guys are okay!! I’m sorry about the Jeep, but it can be fixed!

Speaking of bending axles - actually got lucky with having aluminum steering. There’s no way my tie rod didnt hit but being aluminum is bounced right back. I drove it home and I’m pretty sure my toe-in is still correct [emoji28]. Cant speak for the front axle yet though.

Well that sucks but glad everyone is Okay

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

It was definitely a scary event for sure. Thank you.

Glad you’re ok, OP. I dealt with this last June. Sounds like my damage was less significant. They bent my frame back 3/4 of an inch and I’ve had no problems. Sounds like they’ll probably replace yours. The Jeeplessness was tough for me. Ended out doing a lot of mountain biking for a couple months. Good luck.🤙

Sounds about like my plan. Hopefully replace the frame and front clip. The sucky part is it’s been down since end of November with a broken rear gear and I literally just got it back from Bubba 2 weeks ago, hadn’t done more than 200 miles on the new gears. The mountain biking is a good idea, I’ve been wanting a good mountain bike for a few years. This may give me that push.

dang, sorry that happened. Hopefully everything works out for you and that your soreness will go away.

My back and neck are definitely more sore than I expected. Still not enough to go to the hospital. They won’t even see you here right now unless you have a bone sticking out or a cracked skull basically.

Bummer....Hope everything works out.

Hoping to come out of this with something at least equal either way.

Isn’t it retarded when you get screwed while less people should be driving???
I am glad you and yours are ok and hope you will beck in the Jeep at no time [emoji108]

Right? I’ve made it a point to not leave unless it’s specifically for food to support local businesses...

Sorry to hear, glad everyone’s ok and you didn’t need a trip to the hospital

Luckily for the girl in the other car I hit her passenger side. Had I hit her driver side the outcome would have likely been much worse.

Wow! Glad everyone is OK. Hopefully it works out for the best.

Thanks Weebz, with any luck I’ll still make it to Moab, if only just a passenger, and still get to hit the trails with y’all.

Sorry to hear and glad everyone is okay . Lots of nice work on that Jeep. Fingers crossed you come out of this whole plus some

Thank you! I had literally just hit a point I’d been striving to get to for about 6 months. My goal was to leave it like that for a few years. Guess the universe had other plans

Sorry to hear that. Glad you are both OK.

Best of luck dealing with the insurance company.

Thank you. I’ve got a name of a place in Austin that’s supposed to be an expert with dealing with Jeeps and insurance. Although my girlfriends Dad is an expert as well and I want to give as much of the work as I can to Bubba.

Last edited:

Bierpower

Hooked
I just went through this last month. Still dealing with insurance. Definitely get receipts together. They valued my Jeep at $12k initially. Gave them a pile of receipts and the bumped it up over $25k. In the end I decided to let them take the Jeep and get another one. It would have taken me way too long to try and get this one straight and driving again.

Glad everybody is ok. I had my baby with me, and after walking away, you really start to think about how replaceable the Jeep is compared to the passengers.

Good luck with everything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I just went through this last month. Still dealing with insurance. Definitely get receipts together. They valued my Jeep at $12k initially. Gave them a pile of receipts and the bumped it up over $25k. In the end I decided to let them take the Jeep and get another one. It would have taken me way too long to try and get this one straight and driving again.

Glad everybody is ok. I had my baby with me, and after walking away, you really start to think about how replaceable the Jeep is compared to the passengers.

Good luck with everything.

I couldn’t even imagine having a baby in the car. I was already upset that my lady was in the car as I spend 95% of my driving time solo.

If you don’t mind me asking, roughly what did they offer for a buyback?

Bierpower

Hooked
I couldn’t even imagine having a baby in the car. I was already upset that my lady was in the car as I spend 95% of my driving time solo.

If you don’t mind me asking, roughly what did they offer for a buyback?

They were pretty secretive about that through the whole process. Getting a number was like pulling teeth. At $12k, buyback was like 3500-4500 (didn't really push for the info here because the value was such a joke). After all the receipts and a value at $25k they said buy back was I think $6300 or so.

jdofmemi

They were pretty secretive about that through the whole process. Getting a number was like pulling teeth. At $12k, buyback was like 3500-4500 (didn't really push for the info here because the value was such a joke). After all the receipts and a value at $25k they said buy back was I think $6300 or so.

Based on that small sample size, it looks like they expect to recover about 25%.

I like the direction you are headed now👍

Top Bottom