Safari mirrors? Help please

seadweller

Thanks you all!

I have to say you all are a very courteous and helpful bunch! Thanks for all the advice.
I'm going to try tightening up the safari mirrors I have and see how that works ... they are a good size for me and aside from the little vibration, I can see who's coming up from behind, so whether required or not, I like having them.
I'll let you know how it works...
I'm finding that I like riding with the doors off better even with the top on, as the top provides a nice sunshade!

Jeep Bro 08

I have the Rugged Ridge mirrors that attach to the a pillar frame. The nice thing about them is that they're permanent. View attachment 201328
Though they are very functional and there is zero issues with vibration, I have found there is two very minor issues.
1. There is a sight issue with the passenger mirror when the door is on. It really doesn't even bother me. View attachment 201332
2. If you have the doors on and you happen to fold your mirrors in for whatever reason. The door will hit the mirror when you open it. Again, another minor issue that can be easily avoided. View attachment 201333
I hope this helps.

I think i got the same mirrors as u when my doors are on i cant see much they dont stick out far enough. What u think i should do is there anything like a spacer or should i just get different mirrors

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I think i got the same mirrors as u when my doors are on i cant see much they dont stick out far enough. What u think i should do is there anything like a spacer or should i just get different mirrors

Yeah, the sight lines do suck on the passenger side. I don't think there's anything you can do about it accept deal with it. I think Quadratec has a newer type that hinge to correct this problem. Try looking on their website.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I have these as well. They were one of my first mods to my jeep. They are great cause once you take the doors off your good to go. No need to worry about putting another mirror back on.

I agree Cozdude. The functionality of them trumps all the little issues they have. They were my first mod also.

Ginz

I think I'm looking at them now. Rugged Ridge has something that looks exactly the same. Do any of you know what the difference is? Btw I'm referring to the quick release mirrors.

Ginz

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462390522.798125.jpg

These are the rugged ridge

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462390554.797504.jpg

Quadratech

Obviously mirror shape and size are different. But as far as quality and function, what do you guys think?

Ginz

I found them on other sites. I just love Amazon lol. And free shipping. I've bought a bunch of stuff for my Harley there. But is either product better than the other?

Frydaddy

Stripped the girl down in prep for a ride Sunday. These mirrors screwed into the corner bracket rather well. It came off a Suzuki bayou. So check out those four wheeler kits that make em road legal.

Attachments

• 1463286501916.jpg
    1463286501916.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 76

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I tried the stick on ones on the vents. Didn't really care for them. I ended up with these. I think they are rugged ridge. I like them.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
If you're worried about running them just to stay legal, you don't have to.

If I remember right, in Texas you are only required to have one rear facing mirror (which would be the windshield mounted rearview)

Many Jeepers (myself included) run around town doorless, without doors and side mirrors.

What he said^^
This is how i always drive it. Only thing that sucks is when you're on the freeway. You have to stay in one lane, cause for me if i want to check my driver side for cars i have to do a turn a round to make sure no cars are coming. Other than that, its just some getting use to.

HardRock87

Right now I have THESE, but they vibrate like no tomorrow, and the passenger mirror I can never get to be in the perfect angle to see my lane. thankfully NC only requires a rearview and driver side mirror.

267-lg.jpg

I want to get THESE eventually.

214104-add1-lg.jpg
214104-lg.jpg

Top Bottom