Safety - Tube Doors & No Doors

Rccrwlr

^ he said he already has Lift, 37's and Sliders, so yes Rollcage would be his next step :thumb:

Jeeeep= Glad you and your daughter were OK

Guess I missed that along the way. Was just an interesting conclusion to a larger post about a lift and sliders. Lift, sliders and cage are on the top of my list. Sliders and cage to keep the family and Jeep safe. Lift so I can tackle the larger rocks.

There are several threads about the different bolt in and additionally the weld in type on here. All full of great info. Looking forward to seeing what is next

--rccrwlr

JKFlyer

You read the post by Jeeeep and you picked up getting a roll bar as your first upgrade? I though he stated it was the lift and the sliders that were his savior? :thinking: maybe I'm wrong as I'm just a stocker still myself

--rccrwlr

"First" upgrade is funny. :cheesy: Did you see my pic? anyway, yes, between his post and Armydog's and having the 37's, sliders and lift already, the rollcage is obviously essential. I have seen other posts where the windshield just caves in in the middle during a crash. I think that is a main reason why many go for the sport cage.

^ he said he already has Lift, 37's and Sliders, so yes Rollcage would be his next step :thumb:

:thumb:

well he has the lift and 37's (no sure about weld on sliders) so jumping to the conclusion of a sport cage is understandable.

:2thumbsup:

Mike, i would say a sport cage< like the rockhard cage, would be a good idea but if your looking to stay cheap then i would suggest just leaving your rear doors on when you have your son in the back.

Good advice Coz. Mark who we were wheeling with has the Poison SPyder one which I think is all bolt in. Either way, I know they are a to do. I guess bottom line too is if I am concerned with child in back seat (even though middle), don't do it :hmm:

Rccrwlr

"First" upgrade is funny. :cheesy: Did you see my pic? anyway, yes, between his post and Armydog's and having the 37's, sliders and lift already, the rollcage is obviously essential. I have seen other posts where the windshield just caves in in the middle during a crash. I think that is a main reason why many go for the sport cage.

Ya "first" doesn't really relate to you rig. Very nice by the way. I have seen the same posts and it's scary as our Jeep is our main family rig. I have also seen where the stock Jeep cage provide an unbelievable amount of protection. So putting in the sport cage, while it is a priority, will wait until after the sliders and lift for us

--rccrwlr

JKFlyer

Ya "first" doesn't really relate to you rig. Very nice by the way. I have seen the same posts and it's scary as our Jeep is our main family rig. I have also seen where the stock Jeep cage provide an unbelievable amount of protection. So putting in the sport cage, while it is a priority, will wait until after the sliders and lift for us

--rccrwlr

Thx. my jeep is family rig too....i probably dont really need sport cage as i dont wheel hard but it's really a "safety" excuse to do another major mod to feed the addiction! :doh: maybe on day.

Drive safe my friends...

Armydog

Forget the doors. Add a heavy set of sliders. Side impact force will be distributed to the frame. Frame=strong

--rccrwlr

^^^^^^^^^^AGREED^^^^^^^^^ both comments on sliders ring true.

They will give you more side impact survival protection than any other common modification/accessory. Good front bumper - with a stinger helps too!

Just my opinion mind you - not interested in conducting a demonstration but I had a 1995 Chevy Tahoe with scratch built sliders that a not-smart blonde
decided to side swipe with a camry.... two minutes with a rattle-can and the "Battle-Bot" was without a scratch, not so much for her Toyota. Not apples to oranges I know, but that's all I got for real-life examples.....

JKFlyer

^^^^^^^^^^AGREED^^^^^^^^^ both comments on sliders ring true.

They will give you more side impact survival protection than any other common modification/accessory. Good front bumper - with a stinger helps too!

Just my opinion mind you - not interested in conducting a demonstration but I had a 1995 Chevy Tahoe with scratch built sliders that a not-smart blonde
decided to side swipe with a camry.... two minutes with a rattle-can and the "Battle-Bot" was without a scratch, not so much for her Toyota. Not apples to oranges I know, but that's all I got for real-life examples.....

YUP. Agreed AND thank g-d that is the only example you have and nothing worse...

Top Bottom