Saharacon Build

SevenSlotSpartan

Thanks for the info! Yeah those ORO LEDs I was taking about are $180 or a pack of 6 I think so yours seem to be a better deal for sure

Saharacon

I'll never pay for a rigid light or along those lines for LEDS far to expensive for a product we have had on the market for years. The only reason we have 1000$ 50 inch led bars is because some one wanted to make 600-700 profit ever damn sale. It's probably closer to 800 I'm sure once you purchase LED bars in bulk the prices drop.

I've got a business driven mind set. I'm always trying to save money on shit like this for when I do an axle swap and long arm change over

SevenSlotSpartan

Yeah man I feel ya for sure! I need to put in some extra lighting in but all the LED options are so expensive and you really don't get out what you put in. I mean I use my dually series rigids all the time and the price I got them at wasn't as bad as others I was looking at getting. But as far as light bars go, when I get ready to purchase one I'm more than likely just going to buy one off amazon or one by rough country.

Definitely looking at getting rock lights that can hold up to mud and weather but I'm not sold on dishing out a couple hundred bucks that could be used for other more important mods like a winch or drivetrain components

Saharacon

Never!

Here's a tip, if you go with the amazon light bar use black silicone on the outer fins. This will stop loud hums created from turbulence

You can see in this pic where I'm talking about. I got luck and didn't have a drone with this one

Attachments

• 1441643398386.jpg
    1441643398386.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 101

SevenSlotSpartan

Nice! Yeah I've heard of all sorts of mods to fix the light bar hum. One of the ones I've seen a lot is using the black plastic door liner that a lot of guys use on cut factory fenders. The silicone is a great idea too!

Saharacon

So hopefully I'll be getting a Dana 44 front with locker and Gussets from another member! If all goes well I'll be able to get my HD Tie Rod and a Drag Link flip.

After that I'll get everything geared to 5.13. Thank god I'll finally have my power back.

I'll be coating the interior with Monstaliner this winter as well.

The metal cloak Duroflex Suspension with blisten shocks will be my upgrade off the Skyjacker suspension system currently installed.

We ended up taking a hit climbing an awesome hill at Rocks and Valleys. My Tie rod is bent upward pretty badly. But oh well I needed to replace it any way!

Attachments

• 1442535666953.jpg
    1442535666953.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 75

Saharacon

We had a nice group show up about 80 JKs! This was my convoy for the a few runs

Attachments

• 1442535828141.jpg
    1442535828141.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 77

Saharacon

Well along with my tie rod ill be swapping out my shocks to Bilsten 5100s. My crappy skyjackers are all work to shit, bushings cracked all apart. Seems to be the cause of the loud clunking Ive been hearing :rolleyes2:

So, Next coming upgrades look like so

New Quick Disconnects
HD Metal Cloak Tie Rod
Bilsten 5100 Shocks
Hopefully Shock relocation brackets

Dana 44 from JkSahara07

Im thinking by Dec ill have everything ready for install. Then tax season will come along and I jump into a Long Arm Kit

Also Has anyone every had a horrible squeak come from the AC Compressor when the engine is running?im 90% sure thats the cause of my loud start ups. Unless its the idler pulley , Ill try to get a video uploaded.

JakeJK

Well along with my tie rod ill be swapping out my shocks to Bilsten 5100s. My crappy skyjackers are all work to shit, bushings cracked all apart. Seems to be the cause of the loud clunking Ive been hearing :rolleyes2:

So, Next coming upgrades look like so

New Quick Disconnects
HD Metal Cloak Tie Rod
Bilsten 5100 Shocks
Hopefully Shock relocation brackets

Dana 44 from JkSahara07

Im thinking by Dec ill have everything ready for install. Then tax season will come along and I jump into a Long Arm Kit

Also Has anyone every had a horrible squeak come from the AC Compressor when the engine is running?im 90% sure thats the cause of my loud start ups. Unless its the idler pulley , Ill try to get a video uploaded.

The bilsteins are nice

JakeJK

I'm hoping they ride much better than my previous setup. So far I've heard nothing but good reviews

I've heard the adjustability on the rancho 9000s is nice but I haven't really wanted to dampen or stiffen my bilsteins since I got them

Saharacon

Ordered my HD Tie Rod from Metal Cloak. I'll be using there LCA kit eventually. Also Bilsten 5100 shocks and new quick disconnects for the front sway bar.

I can't wait to get the dana 44 installed. Slap 5.13s in and finally get a new alingment.

Managed to change my Transfer case fluid along with another oil change and filters. Still want to get the auto trans fluid flushed and then when the axle is here I'll do new gear fluid.

Top Bottom