Sand Hollow... why did I wait so long!

jdofmemi

No doubt one for the books. Everything you could want and more. That flop was best case scenario. Slow, we were close by. And no damage. Still trying to figure out how Jason covered 200 feet in his XJ turning around in the amount of time it took me to run 50 feet 🤯

That was fast for sure. We weren't laying on our side for more than 2 minutes.

Adding to the tale, I trailered my Jeep out, hoping it had another day or two left in the same shape as NY21 and Two Leaf, be t after unloading in town and driving out to meet the group, it threw a fit, and barely made it back to the trailer.

Don graciously offered me the passenger seat for the weekend, and I still had a great time, even with his Jeep getting tired and laying down for a nap.

Sand Hollow is definitely on the list to go back to once I am mobile again. What a great weekend!

Attachments

• PXL_20210123_010104236_copy_600x450.jpg
    PXL_20210123_010104236_copy_600x450.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 89
  • PXL_20210123_213338226_copy_600x450.jpg
    PXL_20210123_213338226_copy_600x450.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 89
  • PXL_20210123_005012731.MP_copy_600x450.jpg
    PXL_20210123_005012731.MP_copy_600x450.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 89
  • PXL_20210124_171207466_copy_600x450.jpg
    PXL_20210124_171207466_copy_600x450.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 89
  • PXL_20210123_194105279_copy_600x450.jpg
    PXL_20210123_194105279_copy_600x450.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 87
That was fast for sure. We weren't laying on our side for more than 2 minutes.

Adding to the tale, I trailered my Jeep out, hoping it had another day or two left in the same shape as NY21 and Two Leaf, be t after unloading in town and driving out to meet the group, it threw a fit, and barely made it back to the trailer.

Don graciously offered me the passenger seat for the weekend, and I still had a great time, even with his Jeep getting tired and laying down for a nap.

Sand Hollow is definitely on the list to go back to once I am mobile again. What a great weekend!

It really was great having you out there with us my friend. Hopefully next time in your rig. Certainly won’t be our last trip out.

MericaMade

SOOO many good pictures. I cant wait to get back there. I would love to run that place with you guys or do a WAL run out there. The houses are nice, the city is clean, and the Jeeping is just Amazing. Hands down my favorite place to go. Did anyone try the Wall Of Doom? She beat me last time I was out there.:mad:

SOOO many good pictures. I cant wait to get back there. I would love to run that place with you guys or do a WAL run out there. The houses are nice, the city is clean, and the Jeeping is just Amazing. Hands down my favorite place to go. Did anyone try the Wall Of Doom? She beat me last time I was out there.:mad:

Haha it really is awesome. Jason got up on it but there was so much wet sand it just wouldn’t go... and that front end gets suuuuper light especially in an XJ. If you put something together I’d gladly join the trip and bring some friends down with me.

Now that looks like damn good fun. I cant wait to move back out to my hometown, SLC. I can second that Utah definitely has its perks [emoji106]

Killer pics by the way!

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
I love Sand Hollow, the trails are way more challenging then Moab. If you like a good party, Trail Hero in October is an awesome event. Ultra 4 races, live concerts, sand drags, trails galore, beach parties.... So much to do and a great group top do it with.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Great pics guys. Wish I could have been there for the fun. Someday!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Looks awesome . Only 6 hours from LA . Still hoping to do Moab this year with y’all but a return trip to SH is in order . Wife and I were out there alone so didn’t run any hard trails
IMG_2313.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I first heard of this place through watching one of the Ultimate Adventure videos that Petersons does. It looked like a great place that I want to get to eventually.
My Grand Cherokee is not nearly hard core enough to keep up with most of the guys on this site, but I'd still like to roll up there even for a meet and greet one day if there is a group of us going sometime next year.
Maybe my little Jeep can do more than I think it can, or will when I'm done building it.

Last edited:

jdofmemi

I first heard of this place through watching one of the Ultimate Adventure videos that Petersons does. It looked like a great place that I want to get to eventually.
My Grand Cherokee is not nearly hard core enough to keep up with most of the guys on this site, but I'd still like to roll up there even for a meet and greet one day if there is a group of us going sometime next year.
Maybe my little Jeep can do more than I think it can, or will when I'm done building it.

One of the nice things about SH is that there are trails for all abilities and builds.

Come on out.

Colorado4x4

Awesome pictures! We haven’t been there yet but are thinking about a trip this spring. I’m on 35s with 3.5” lift and didn’t know if my Jeep is big enough for Sand Hollow to make the trip worthwhile. I definitely push the limits of my rig but I don’t want to drive all the way out there and it be out of my league. I’ve done most every trail in Moab except Pritchett so we’re looking for a new place to go to. Thanks for sharing. It looks like you guys had a blast

Awesome pictures! We haven’t been there yet but are thinking about a trip this spring. I’m on 35s with 3.5” lift and didn’t know if my Jeep is big enough for Sand Hollow to make the trip worthwhile. I definitely push the limits of my rig but I don’t want to drive all the way out there and it be out of my league. I’ve done most every trail in Moab except Pritchett so we’re looking for a new place to go to. Thanks for sharing. It looks like you guys had a blast

It’s really a fun place and there are so many trails that you can still have fun on. The XJ in our group was on a 3” and 35’s. Albeit he’s a very skilled driver but he took on everything that there was to offer (and then some [emoji51]). However I’d say SH is a 3 rig minimum. So plan accordingly and have a kick ass time.

Top Bottom