Scorpion II Build Thread

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Looking good brother! I won't say I like hearing about your challenges and disappointments, but I do appreciate the honesty. Hopefully Exp. 1 takes care of you assuming the fitment problems continue.

Are you still working out the kinks with your lift or are you done for now with it?

The ride/lift is great. Luckily I anticipated all the problems and prepared for them in advance (by having all the right things to fix the AEV lift to 100% completion) and do it right (my definition of "right.") I still need to see how the speed sensor wires will be affected by the lift (if at all) because I think if I flex they will be pulled out of their mount and then have the opportunity to get near the tire. I guess I should ask some other people how they dealt with this issue on their 2.5"+ lifts. Im going to replace the brake lines with longer steel ones, but that will come a bit later when the weather calms the hell down.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
That rear bumper is a good looking full width! Would be nice if it had light provisions like the LOD.

The LOD was on the shortlist, but sadly, it would not carry two 4 gallon rotopax units (that I already have) in the linked configuration. I'll still end up adding light provisions down the line, that's a minor issue.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Sorry if I missed it somewhere...

Why did you sell and get a new one? If it's not too private of an answer...I wouldn't mind trading up to a Rubicon with options I am now sorta wishing I had/have.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Sorry if I missed it somewhere...

Why did you sell and get a new one? If it's not too private of an answer...I wouldn't mind trading up to a Rubicon with options I am now sorta wishing I had/have.

I started doing harder trails and the 3.21s were driving me crazy. Rather than waste money on a regear with the 1st one, it made more financial sense to trade up, get more goodies, and 4.10s. Lost only $1500 on the 2012 from what I paid for it (which is basically the price of a regear) and I got everything else you get from a rubi. It just made more financial sense.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I started doing harder trails and the 3.21s were driving me crazy. Rather than waste money on a regear with the 1st one, it made more financial sense to trade up, get more goodies, and 4.10s. Lost only $1500 on the 2012 from what I paid for it (which is basically the price of a regear) and I got everything else you get from a rubi. It just made more financial sense.

We'll great job on the trade. I wouldn't have hesitated either! The 3.21's do suck. A lot.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Yea, I was worried that it wouldn't be bright enough, but after installing it, it is MUCH brighter than the OEM brake light, so Im happy. I think Im going to either smoke it or tint it red just so that it isn't as visible.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
We'll great job on the trade. I wouldn't have hesitated either! The 3.21's do suck. A lot.

It was painful, especially when crossing Colorado. Even with 33s, they were horrible. 5th was useless. I honestly don't understand the guys that say they have 35s and say "its fine."

Top Bottom