scull20's Build of "Equinso Ocha" (aka White Devil)

rinkishjk

Definitely knocked off a weight or two on my rear driveshaft...don't know how I didn't notice it driving home on Saturday, but driving on the highway today I felt some pretty noticeable vibration around 70mph.

In addition, I've been noticing a vibration at idle when stopped, gets worse when the AC compressor kicks on...is also worse in drive when stopped vs. when in park or neutral. I thought it may have been transmission related, but the vibration is definitely originating from the motor after crawling underneath and feeling around when its running. I can feel the vibration in my seat when stopped, only been noticeable the past 3 weeks or so. I'm pretty positive that this is totally unrelated to the rear DS. Water pump, head problem, harmonic balancer, motor mounts...?

Got an early morning appt at the dealer on Wednesday to address the idle vibration...I'll mention the rear driveshaft to them and see how they "diagnose" it, if they want to charge me an arm and a leg for an OEM shaft, then I'll just order a new one from Trail Jeeps. However, I'm pretty certain that there's a TSB out there for rear DS vibrations on the later year JKs.

Could it maybe from the zip tie u had to put on the boot?

scull20

Took off the trans skid and crossover skid so I don't have to listen to the dealer whine about it...those nuts for the trans still aren't fun.

scull20

Apparently the idle vibration is 'normal' according to the dealer...whatever.

Vibration at speed is the rear DS, of which is not covered under the powertrain warranty due to it being dented. $1100 quote from the dealer for a new one...no thanks. I'll just order a new 1350 and call it a day.

scull20

Local driveshaft shop is a no go for rebalancing. Trail Jeeps didn't have any take offs laying around worth reusing. I found a junk yard in Michigan that will ship me one from a 2014 with less than 3000 miles on it for $200 out the door.

WJCO

Meme King
Local driveshaft shop is a no go for rebalancing. Trail Jeeps didn't have any take offs laying around worth reusing. I found a junk yard in Michigan that will ship me one from a 2014 with less than 3000 miles on it for $200 out the door.

They won't rebalance it or can't?

rinkishjk

For that price I would just get a je reel shaft.

Top Bottom