Secondary deflation valves

POOJEEP

Benefits wise I see even little things like deflation valves handy. As to the nomad valves they are an adjustable pressure quick deflation valve, quarter turn and walk away. Gives me time to do all the other things I like to do at the trailhead like disconnect sway links, check over all mechanical components, grease fittings, change settings on programmer, help others. I personally don't see a valve that is properly installed to be of concern for another leak do to the type of wheels I will be doing this on would be behind the rock rings limiting chances of physical damage. If you run the risk of damaging it the same is to be said with a normal valve stem.

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you run the risk of damaging it the same is to be said with a normal valve stem.
True, however you can get a regular tire stem anywhere and be on your way, break a specialty fitting going to have to get creative while you wait for shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

POOJEEP

True, however you can get a regular tire stem anywhere and be on your way, break a specialty fitting going to have to get creative while you wait for shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

A NPT plug will work for a trail/temp repair. As to creative, when wheeling with some old pals in Clayton Ok. one had ripped out a valve stem and surprisingly no one had a spare nor was there any shops open on a Sunday near by that one. However there was a bait and tackle shop open that had an assortment of boat drain plugs. A screw type compression drain plug works in a pinch apparently lol

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
A NPT plug will work for a trail/temp repair. As to creative, when wheeling with some old pals in Clayton Ok. one had ripped out a valve stem and surprisingly no one had a spare nor was there any shops open on a Sunday near by that one. However there was a bait and tackle shop open that had an assortment of boat drain plugs. A screw type compression drain plug works in a pinch apparently lol

Was he not running a spare tire?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I thought he was saying no one had a spare valve stem. That is understandable ( I carry one ), but if not a single person had a spare tire, that’s stupid...

Looking back maybe that's what he meant. I read "no spare tire", which is nuts.

What stems did you use on your TR's - the chrome ones provided?

Jsouder53

Hooked
I thought he was saying no one had a spare valve stem. That is understandable ( I carry one ), but if not a single person had a spare tire, that’s stupid...

Looking back maybe that's what he meant. I read "no spare tire", which is nuts.

What I understand from that is no one had a spare tire... I feel it wouldn’t be a huge deal if there was a broken valve stem, just swap out the tire for the day.

POOJEEP

Sorry for the misunderstanding there, after rereading what I put I can see how it got misinterpreted to not having a spare. What I meant was no one had a spare valve stem. On the particular rig that the stem got ripped out also did not have a spare because of the size tires he runs (42x14.5r17) and he had the smallest size out of the group so swapping spares didn't work out for lug patterns and sizes. Funny enough he ended up ripping sidewalls on 3 of the 4 tires that trip as well, so the valve stem issue ended up being the least of his concerns lol

jesse3638

Hooked
Sorry for the misunderstanding there, after rereading what I put I can see how it got misinterpreted to not having a spare. What I meant was no one had a spare valve stem. On the particular rig that the stem got ripped out also did not have a spare because of the size tires he runs (42x14.5r17) and he had the smallest size out of the group so swapping spares didn't work out for lug patterns and sizes. Funny enough he ended up ripping sidewalls on 3 of the 4 tires that trip as well, so the valve stem issue ended up being the least of his concerns lol
Sounds like lack of driving skills..haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I looked at the monster mini but decided there were too many assholes in my neighborhood that would let the air out of my tires and no need to make it easy for them lol

Top Bottom