Security Light & TPMS Going Nuts, and Driving Me There Too

ABNjk09

My JK's dash has been lighting up like a Christmas tree over the past few weeks. I've never had problems with it, very well maintained and only lightly abused offroad. I've received several codes over the past few weeks, the security light over the temp gauge has grown a mind of its own as has the TPMS indicator (see video). The codes I've thrown are p0304 (which I've received on/off for a while), p0405, p0456, p0455, and b2102 (these four started about a week ago). I've done a bit of research on each of them and can't understand why all are suddenly popping up.

I have been putting off tinkering with the cylinder 4 misfire, but now that I'm suddenly getting the other codes along with the security light/tpms indicators I'm starting to wonder what is really going on. Anyone have any idea as to why out of nowhere these all started within days of each other? It seems odd that so many different things could pop up together and my mechanical abilities are pretty limited, so any insight is appreciated. I have checked the gas cap a few times after/between filling up so I'm guessing it's not the cause for the evap system leak code. It seems like colder weather makes it worse as it's fluctuated here in Colorado quite a bit lately.

UPDATE: I have zero power anything, let alone a security system (hence my confusion as to why the security light is coming on).

:beer:

Last edited:
Check your TIPM, aka the fuse box, for loose connections.
There are a few on the bottom, they control nearly everything in the cabin.
Mine went nuts and had fun with door locks, the security light and won't let me even start because it didn't know that the transmission was in P/N.

Thanks for the advice. Low and behold I didn't have time today to do much of anything besides manage my kids, but oddly enough no CEL, no crazy security light/TPMS, nothing odd at all. The temp was about 15-20 degrees higher all day so I'm assuming that had something to do with it. What experiences have others had like this? I'm definitely glad to not have indicators going on/off but I'm sure when the temp drops outside again in a day or two it will start all over again.

Bump

Has anyone else on here experienced the check engine light/TPMS/security light randomly flashing and chiming during cold weather? I just returned from a 9 month deployment and my wife tells me it hadn't happened all summer. Go figure, we get a little snow and the same thing starts happening again as soon as I'm back. I haven't done any mods that would affect anything electrical so it's not something I installed. I've lowered the TPMS threshold to 25 using my superchips programmer and I keep my tires at 33-35 (checked regularly). Also, there are no longer any DTC codes popping.

I've seen a few other threads with folks detailing the same issue but haven't seen anyone post a fix. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :beer:

Last edited:
Top Bottom