Seeking advice on military trailer purchase

Brute

Hooked
Well...it does appear to be OD. I found a spot where it’s showing through. The inside of the bed is in really bad shape with several layers of paint. It won’t be possible to take off the top layers and preserve the original, but it’s cool to see. BTW, my dad fought in the Korean War, so it’s pretty cool I have one from that era.

View attachment 343742

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My dad was in the army right after the war...that's where I was made...

PokerStogey

Adjustments.JPG
I have his big brother and like stated above, extending the tongue is one of the first mods I'd reccommend. It's really nice being able to access the rear of the rig while your base camp is in tow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bfewkwa

I picked up a 1952 M100 a few years ago and have slowly been building it up.

009.jpg

They are great little trailers. Mine had a crazy homemade extended hitch that I would like to eventually replace. It also had a crazy homemade axle and some super soft springs that were terrible. The trailer would wobble like mad above 40 MPH. With the help of a friend who can weld, I replaced the axle and springs and got it set up on some matching JK wheels. Now she tows nice and straight!

IMG_1427.jpg

I’d still like to set up a RTT and get off the ground when camping, but regardless it sure is nice to have for hailing all of our gear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom