Selecting a Mig welder.

Bierpower

Hooked
If your not against a made in china machine, PrimeWeld has some of the best customer service of any china brand and they include nice accessories.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Gonna bump this as I am thinking about getting a new one. Would prefer 110/220V compatible but it’s not 100% necessary. Right around $1,000 or less would be nice also. What is recommended?
If I had to buy a new MIG right now it would probably be the Millermatic 211. I think they make solid machines and parts are easy to get.

Just to add: Having a 110 with Flux core is awesome... Last Week I pulled up to our Job and the Pool Guy was about to Cut a brand new gate because the installer used one way bolts.... I said the hell you are going to cut it up.... hauled ass home, grabbed my Miller, and welded nuts to the top of each bolt and backed them out... all within an 45 min... No Tanks to deal with and quick hookup to 110.... Definitely get a combo 120/220 if you can. Options are good to have sometimes.

Last edited:

MericaMade

Hmm if you find one send me a link. I can’t find it anywhere.
I called them and got the info I needed. Its pretty much the same as the 200 just with a LCD screen that allows for more controls of the unit. Also if you click around on their site a $50 dollor off coupon with pop up. There is a video of them comparing the 200 vs 210. I see its on back order now but mine did show up about 3 days after I placed the order.

desertrunner

Finally broke out the welder again to get ready for my sliders and did a few test passes. Man I love that miller 211 so easy to set up and so smooth. But one of my buddies has been building a race truck in his garage and he uses a Hobart 210mvp and it's served him well so far on this project 20210526_154437.jpg

johnpaul123

I own a Hobart multi-process welder. My old welding helmet was not suitable according to the welding requirement. Now I am looking for a new one which is good for welding purpose.

Last edited:

Gecko13

I was wondering if anyone could point out some examples of popular Mig welder models
used in shops to weld brackets/cages etc.

Thanks.
Old thread but thought I would share. I bout the esab rebel 235 and it’s great. Makes a inexperienced welder look good. Expensive but definitely a top notch machine

GraceGlover

I am almost completely sure that you should purchase this equipment only if you want to do welding in a professional sense. Because such equipment belongs to the professional sphere. If you like welding so much, then think about seriously studying and turning your hobby into an activity that will help you earn money. What could be better? Thus, at any time you can pass a skills test to become a licensed welder. Therefore, think about this idea and try to bring changes to your life. Good luck in your endeavors!

Last edited:
Top Bottom