Shark "Tank"

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Lights came out fantastic. I purchased some Auxbeam for my cube light up front. Very budget friendly! How are you liking the Rancho lift and ride?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So far, so good with the Rancho. I haven’t pushed it to the limit, but I have wheeled disconnected on some relatively rocky and rutted terrain. Everything worked as it should; no complaints.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I think these lights together are only about 3 amps. I was thinking a direct lead off of the OEM back up lights wouldn't hurt anything. Maybe put a diode in the power line coming from the Central Command to the new lights and a diode in the piggyback wire I run from the OEM lights to the new lights just to make sure there is no back current in either direction? With respect to a diode, does it need to be the same (or larger) amperage than the lights would draw, (so one 3 amp diode for each line would work?)

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

As long as you are ok with the new and old lights running when you manually turn them on then I don't see any need for a diode. And any power back feeding to the central command when you engage reverse will only go as far as the relay because that terminal will be dead at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sharkey. What side marker lights are you running up front? Did you do the turn signal mod or were they plug and play?

The are just some inexpensive little amber led's (I don't know what brand) that MTG had laying around and was nice enough to give me. I can take some closer pics of them if you want me to. I did not do the turn signal mod (maybe I will at a later date) and yes, they were basically plug and play to the extent that I just used butt connectors to connect them to the OEM wiring. They did not come OEM connectors on the end.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
As long as you are ok with the new and old lights running when you manually turn them on then I don't see any need for a diode. And any power back feeding to the central command when you engage reverse will only go as far as the relay because that terminal will be dead at the time.

Thanks. I figured the old lights were also turn on with the manual switch, which is fine. I still might use a diode to keep that from happening. Good to know the power back to the relay won't cause any problems.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I piggybacked a line from the OEM back up bulb to my power line for the new back up lights. So far, so good. All of the back up lights come on with the switch, or when in reverse.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I keep forgetting to post a few pics on level ground with the Fishbone fenders and liners. For reference, I am running the Rancho 2” spring lift and 315/70R17 Duratracs.

IMG_4417.JPG
IMG_4418.JPG
IMG_4419.JPG

Right now I am in the process of installing a bunch of rock lights. I’m taking my sweet time and, in some spots, either using nutserts or DIY brackets to get the lights mounted where I want. I’ll post some pics when it is all done.

JAGS

Hooked
I keep forgetting to post a few pics on level ground with the Fishbone fenders and liners. For reference, I am running the Rancho 2” spring lift and 315/70R17 Duratracs.

View attachment 292017
View attachment 292018
View attachment 292019

Right now I am in the process of installing a bunch of rock lights. I’m taking my sweet time and, in some spots, either using nutserts or DIY brackets to get the lights mounted where I want. I’ll post some pics when it is all done.

Which rock lights did you go with?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Shark "Tank"

Doing so more work on the rock lights. I painted up some $0.50 Simpson “L” brackets so I could mount the front lights at the angle I wanted.

IMG_4422.JPG
IMG_4423.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom