SHOCKS???

Good morning everyone. I'm starting my build on a 2021 Gladiator Rubicon. I'm leaning towards the 3.5" Game Changer lift from Metal Cloak. I'm really undecided on what shocks I should get. I'm not rock crawling but I would like to not worry about obstacles I might come across. I do plan on some sort of canopy camper on the back. Anyway, can I get some thoughts and opinions on some shocks? Fox 2.5", Falcons, Bilstein, which ones would you guys choose and why? Please let me know. Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a reason why you're leaning toward the 3.5" game changer lift but not the metal cloak shocks? I would think they'd be designed specifically to be paired with their coils.

JT@623

Hooked
I ran the 3.5 metal cloak on my JK with there shocks for a long time no complaints.
im still running there control arms.
there springs can tend to be on the softer side as do the shock. if your going to be loading up the JT might look at Clayton, Currie or Evo for springs.

JT@623

Hooked
The reason I run the MC control arms is there quiet and maintenance free and they do work for me.

The metalcloak springs are very soft which make for a good ride but almost feels to washy side to side around turns. If your gonna load the jeep up with a lot of weight I wouldn’t get them for sure!

Bear_JT

Hooked
Evo springs and Fox 2.5 shocks. Hint hint, I’m selling a set of front and rear brand new Fox 2.5’s for 4-6” lifts…

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
I'm running adjustable King 2.5 shocks that came with the EVO Enforcer 4+, 4.5" lift. I got it all as a kit through ORE. I cannot tell you how happy I am with my Rigs ability off-road and on Highway it's rock solid, or at least it became rock solid. I had the steering box issue, which I replaced and WFO Concepts, who built my Rig, has a Track Bar Stabilizer bracket and steering setup than resolved all of my steering , wobbling issues. BTW, are we both members of Hills Angels jeep club by chance?

1RNGR

Caught the Bug
I forgot to mention. My lift and shocks have a downside. I drive way faster than I'm supposed to on dirt roads and gravel mountain roads. Probably too fast on highway too. I need to slow down

Thanks for your suggestion. I went with the Falcon SP2 3.3" adjustable. At this point I'm about to order the MC 3.5" long arm extended travel lift. I was going with another but after waiting for 2 months, supply chain issues, I said forget it and went back to my original choice. Btw, "Overlander JK, Resident Smartass", love the name, What is OP?

Top Bottom