Shop/Garage recommendations in Reno/Tahoe/Carson area for re-gear

Fires JK

Give Affordable Automotive Repair a call and tell him Dave from the Hilton said to call him. He installed my rear locker for $300 no problems. That was just the locker Ben and I installed the compressor.
775-686-6977

Fires JK

Bump - where'd you end up getting this done Ben? Anyone ever find a shop locally to get this done at? I've got an estimate from 4WP but it's not cheap. They're quoting me about $2k just for the re-gear and $3k to add an e-locker in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I paid about $1500 for an ARB that included the ARB, installation and the ARB compressor, Ben and I installed the compressor and air line. This did not include gears.

ChiliDawg

Give Affordable Automotive Repair a call and tell him Dave from the Hilton said to call him. He installed my rear locker for $300 no problems. That was just the locker Ben and I installed the compressor.
775-686-6977

Thanks, I'll need to give him a call and see about what he can do for the gear install.

ChiliDawg

For anyone interested - don't bother with Folbeck 4wd. I called to ask about installation and at first was told they had to check with the owner because he's considering making it policy that they won't install any customer supplied parts, then told me they'd do it - for $1700. Lol.

For comparison - 4Wheelparts told me $970.

ChiliDawg

775-686-6977

Just FYI - I called him today and he told me $800 for the install of the gears and locker. Probably going to go with him when my parts come in next week.

Robs_Red_JK

That seems like a great deal! I just thought I'd chime in that if it doesn't work out with him nates precision over on Glendale does really great work but I think they are a little more spendy. My friends spent I think 1200 on his rear axle but that was with new gears and rebuilding his locker. They do great work over there from everything I have seen atleast

Fires JK

That's excellent. Would you let us know what you think after he installs the parts you are getting next week. Thank you!

I use Rich at Affordable and haven't had a complaint yet, great work affordable and usually done same day as long as you drop it off at 8 am. Just tell him Dave from the Hilton sent you. And no I don't get a kickback he just uses me to send him business.

Top Bottom